By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Monster Hunter Digital estimate is up! ( 652,614) Japan only. Updated with Feb. DD sales

Farsala said:
Aura7541 said:
That's insane. It also means that Japan accounted for over 1/3 of the 6 million shipped copies.

40% was pretty much already confirmed by Capcom b4 this.

OT: simply insane, I will gladly eat my crow, because this crow tastes good.

Turns out I was the one who first shared that news and I totally forgot about it, lol.

Around the Network

I know we are only talking digital but MH is discounted on Amazon by 20% in the U.S. and most retailers here match that. Strong physical sales and monster hunter’s success has to in some way be a result of he game being pretty awesome and pretty cheap when compared to other recent releases. I other games are priced similarly.

Hiku said:
Farsala said:

40% was pretty much already confirmed by Capcom b4 this.

OT: simply insane, I will gladly eat my crow, because this crow tastes good.

Doubting the numbers is understandable.
But I hope you won't consider "total sales" a factor for digital ratio from here on out. ;)

I still will, MHW is an outlier and is probably the only full priced game in Japan to have sold 650k digital copies. As well as the only game to have a 33%+ digital ratio, as well as the only MH to have such an attach ratio, as well as etc. etc. etc.

If PS4 had the 3DS install base with same attach ratio MHW would have sold 8m... which is ludicrous just like this attach ratio. But very good nonetheless.

All I know is PS4> PS3 is pretty much confirmed in the end, and it might even surpass the Wii.

Hiku said:
Farsala said:

I still will, MHW is an outlier and is probably the only full priced game in Japan to have sold 650k digital copies. As well as the only game to have a 33%+ digital ratio, as well as the only MH to have such an attach ratio, as well as etc. etc. etc.

If PS4 had the 3DS install base with same attach ratio MHW would have sold 8m... which is ludicrous just like this attach ratio. But very good nonetheless.

All I know is PS4> PS3 is pretty much confirmed in the end, and it might even surpass the Wii.

There is no logical correlation between total FW/FM sales, and digital attach ratio. None whatsoever.
Digital ratio is decided by factors like availability, convenience, price, type of game, etc.
There's no magical invisible force that spreads from person to person and gives someone the sense of wanting to buy a certain medium, based on if FW/FM numbers are high or low.

And even if PS4 had 3DS's install base, it wouldn't have necessarily sold that much more. That's not how it works either.

Is 30% common? No. But it has absolutely nothing to do with total number of FW/FM sales. Those were not the factors you should have been focusing on when you reached your conclusion. And MHW showed that very clearly.
If the only games to ever sell exactly at a 6,3 % digital ratio happened to be games with the word "Limit" in the title, I'm not going to draw the conclusion that it's based on the title just because those are the only games I've observed to do those numbers.

Like I told you before, you have to be able to apply logic to your reasoning. And when you attempted to do that before, you mentioned factors like availability of the physical version....

Yes I use all the factors when I make these predictions. Of course I am rarely right, but I like to think I get close. A big PS4 game above 20% attach and digital ratio is simply something that I haven't seen before. But now there is one data point that certainly will help with predictions going forward, it just simply won't be a huge factor.

Oh wow, that's simply incredible, I guess the digital sales put the game at the same level of the 3DS games. Capcom truly WON. To think that people kept saying and repeating and preaching that Capcom were dumb and that the game wouldn't even do 1 million in its first week, but they were so wrong.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:

Oh wow, that's simply incredible, I guess the digital sales put the game at the same level of the 3DS games. Capcom truly WON. To think that people kept saying and repeating and preaching that Capcom were dumb and that the game wouldn't even do 1 million in its first week, but they were so wrong.

So much crow to be served 

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/9085
Monster Hunter World 160,190

Boutros said:
bananaking21 said:

ah i meant that 50% compared to physical sales, not total sales. 

well maybe thats the case for japan, but maybe worldwide i see this MH being the best selling. how much is the best selling MH to date?

It was Monster Hunter Freedom 3 at 4.9m. MHW is already at over 6m.

So, how far away is it from the best-selling MH in Japan?

VGPolyglot said:
Boutros said:

It was Monster Hunter Freedom 3 at 4.9m. MHW is already at over 6m.

2.2m away from touching MH3P. So, very unlikely. The digital numbers for that launch window are just incredible. Far above any past performance of digital games in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
VGPolyglot said:

2.2m away from touching MH3P. So, very unlikely. The digital numbers for that launch window are just incredible. Far above any past performance of digital games in Japan.

Hmm, I guess the rest of the world really made up for the lowering sales in Japan then.