Forums - Website Topics - Game Page - Sales Data

Ok - I think I've already managed to get to the crux of what's missing and what needs to be done, which is GREAT!!!

I need to move the sales to the middle (as I described above) - which actually works very well for me, as it will enable me to display more data (specifically, the regional break-downs we can't currently see, as well as the annual summaries).

Anything else beyond this, that I'm missing?

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
SpokenTruth said:
Move Sales History to the middle column. It has a squished appearance in the right column and seems to out of focus with the purpose of VGC. Sales should be front and center, not squished off to the side.

Yes - I will definitely be changing the location as I've heard this complaint a lot, too. I'm thinking of removing it from the right column entirely, adding another tab in the middle menu (Updates, Summary, Reviews, etc.) for Sales, and having it default to that (with the sales in the middle) upon hitting the game page.

This will actually help me resolve the "missing data" issue, too as I will have a much bigger area to work with...

Perfect. 

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

TalonMan said:
Ok - I think I've already managed to get to the crux of what's missing and what needs to be done, which is GREAT!!!

I need to move the sales to the middle (as I described above) - which actually works very well for me, as it will enable me to display more data (specifically, the regional break-downs we can't currently see, as well as the annual summaries).

For me I guess that's pretty much it. Like Green098 mentioned a way to see the first 10 weeks sales from specific regions would be cool to those games that released much early in one region before the rest of the world. Also a way to see the sales of the game each year since its released (A random example, that global annual section: http://i.imgur.com/Hhzpdch.png ). But you already mentioned that so I dunno why I am repeating...

Stuart23 said:
TalonMan said:

For me I guess that's pretty much it. Like Green098 mentioned a way to see the first 10 weeks sales from specific regions would be cool to those games that released much early in one region before the rest of the world. Also a way to see the sales of the game each year since its released (A random example, that global annual section: http://i.imgur.com/Hhzpdch.png ). But you already mentioned that so I dunno why I am repeating...

Yes - well, moving all of this to that middle location will give me the room I need to do this stuff. In fact, I can easily go back and "steal" the exact sales layout that was used for the old game pages, and plop it right here into these pages now that I have enough space to do so...  :)

TalonMan said:

Thank you for realizing this was an issue with the new design. I guess try to keep in mind that the very soul of this website is sales, so any re-designs in the future should focus around that for the most part.

The proposed ideas in this thread all encompass what I would've asked for as well. 

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
There really no sales data hardly at all. I feel it is great as it is. You kept the spirit of the old database with some tweaks here and there. When you add too much clutter you get Gamewise. No offense to Deano, but it's not too inviting.

Lets not have a database at all shall we like before 2009

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

NintendoPie said:
TalonMan said:

Thank you for realizing this was an issue with the new design. I guess try to keep in mind that the very soul of this website is sales, so any re-designs in the future should focus around that for the most part.

The proposed ideas in this thread all encompass what I would've asked for as well. 

I've NEVER forgotten our purpose here - EVER!! This design that I've currently deployed, is the exact design we had here about six or seven years ago. I didn't make it up and pull it out of thin air. And at that time, nobody seemed to have an issue about the design or layout of the sales numbers that were being provided. Granted, the game pages that were here just prior to this latest resurrection did have much more detailed sales on them so I can see how moving back to this design, would look as though we've somehow lost our direction here - but I can assure you, that is just NOT the case.

The mission of this website is (and always will be) based in sales - there is no need to worry about that ever changing...

kirby007 said:
spurgeonryan said:
There really no sales data hardly at all. I feel it is great as it is. You kept the spirit of the old database with some tweaks here and there. When you add too much clutter you get Gamewise. No offense to Deano, but it's not too inviting.

Lets not have a database at all shall we like before 2009

Oh, Kirby - always good for a laugh!!! LOL!!! The amount of sarcasm that can pour out of a single post containing no more than a dozen words, is astounding... Ha! Ha!!! ;)

TalonMan said:
NintendoPie said:

I've NEVER forgotten our purpose here - EVER!! This design that I've currently deployed, is the exact design we had here about six or seven years ago. I didn't make it up and pull it out of thin air. And at that time, nobody seemed to have an issue about the design or layout of the sales numbers that were being provided. Granted, the game pages that were here just prior to this latest resurrection did have much more detailed sales on them so I can see how moving back to this design, would look as though we've somehow lost our direction here - but I can assure you, that is just NOT the case.

The mission of this website is (and always will be) based in sales - there is no need to worry about that ever changing...

I can never tell if you are angry or what with the way you use caps, but all I have to say is that that's definitely good to hear.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
TalonMan said:

I can never tell if you are angry or what with the way you use caps, but all I have to say is that that's definitely good to hear.

LOL!!

Very rarely do I get angry around here - caps are meant SOLELY to put emphasis on the words...  ;)

Ideally, the best would be to have acess to all the data.I dont really think people really pay for the "Pro" version, so having a more complete database with more information would be in the best interest of the site.

Having said that, if thats not possible, at least match it as it was before.The yearly numbers plus the first 10 or 15 weeks, to know how well it performed in the first few months.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1