By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Doom on Switch now has gyro aiming

https://gonintendo.com/stories/302475-doom-update-available-adds-gyro-aiming-and-new-icon

Awesome news!

Hopefully this will be incorporated into the Switch version of Wolfenstein II as well.

Around the Network

YESSS!!! Now I can play the damn game and enjoy it. Was about to sell it because I already have it on PC and I hate dual-analog so much.

A new icon and gyro aiming? Wow that's everything I needed to want this game. It won't fill the hole of needing a Local Multiplayer FPS on the Switch but this game will be good to diversify my library a bit. Now if only I had time to play it.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I ordered the game from Best Buy as soon as I heard the news.

Well, KLAMarine will be happy.

Around the Network

Holy crap! This calls for a replay!

sc94597 said:

YESSS!!! Now I can play the damn game and enjoy it. Was about to sell it because I already have it on PC and I hate dual-analog so much.

It really is hard to go back. RE Revelations has (janky) gyro aiming in portable mode but it's somehow much more stable when holding a Joycon in each hand or using the Joycon grip.

I tried to play with the Pro Controller (no gyro aiming support) and I couldn't hit anything!

Just took it for a spin in Arcade Mode; it feels great! 

I really, really hope Wolfenstein II on Switch has this same feature, and honestly I see no good reason why it wouldn't.

I just reached the Necropolis, so this is great news! The sheer amount of enemies mixed with twin-stick was starting to be a problem for me.

wow, great news. i've just put it aside for bayonetta, but now maybe i'll finish doom before getting more deeply into bayonetta