By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Doom on Switch now has gyro aiming

Kristof81 said:
curl-6b said:

Then don't, nobody is forcing them to use an inferior method. Those who opt out of gyro do so of their own volition, they're gimping themselves by choice.

Sure, but they kind of did force them to use an inferior method by not giving them a choice to begin with. Like I said previously, there's a simple solution to that problem. If you're all for choice, then give people who prefer classic controls a choice to play against players who use superior method, or not.

I'm not sure splitting the playerbase is a good idea for a game that doesn't have a huge one to split. 

Plenty of games have motion and non-motion controls coexisting online, from Splatoon 1 and 2 to Goldeneye 007 and COD Black Ops/Modern Warfare 3 on Wii.

Around the Network

Is there a demo of this? I would love to try this

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Bristow9091 said:
I think this was one of the most requested features for the game, so it's nice that they've added it... doesn't mean anything to me since I own it on PS4 instead of Switch anyway, but it's great news for Switch owners, specifically those that wanted it.

I have this on both PS4 and Switch. It's great to play it in different forms. With the PS4 it's top notch graphics and smooth 60fps and on Switch it's portability and now motion controls. The best way to experience the best game of 2016.

Wow, seriously, I think I double my hits. It’s really a game changer

zippy said:
Bristow9091 said:
I think this was one of the most requested features for the game, so it's nice that they've added it... doesn't mean anything to me since I own it on PS4 instead of Switch anyway, but it's great news for Switch owners, specifically those that wanted it.

I have this on both PS4 and Switch. It's great to play it in different forms. With the PS4 it's top notch graphics and smooth 60fps and on Switch it's portability and now motion controls. The best way to experience the best game of 2016.

Yeah even if I owned a PS4, the gyro update makes the Switch version the preferable one for me.