By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dead Space is free on Origin

Are you getting this on Origin?

Yes 4 33.33%

No 8 66.67%

Total:12
fatslob-:O said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't like EA as it is, but that is not the reason why I don't use Origin (or Uplay, or Battle, or any other that isn't Steam). I don't like installing DRM programs on my PC. That is the reason I don't buy games that need those services, or that add Denuvo and/or similar software. The only reason Steam gets a free pass is because it's its almost monopoly of the PC space.

That shouldn't mean we should give Valve a reason to sit on their asses and make no AAA games ... 

We need to stand up to them as they are worse for PC gaming than EA is ... 

Not really, the only major thing they do wrong is allowing their platform to be filled with garbage, as well as the C.S. sketchy economy. EA has harmed dozens of their own PC games it's not even funny.

And besides, there's always GoG. Now if only GoG had gift cards...

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 18 February 2018

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

That shouldn't mean we should give Valve a reason to sit on their asses and make no AAA games ... 

We need to stand up to them as they are worse for PC gaming than EA is ... 

I needed that.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I needed that.

Whatever, that doesn't change that Valve are scumbags of the industry trying to monopolize digital retail PC game distribution while EA has no monopoly on PC gaming ... 

No,cause Origin...

Whatever, that doesn't change that Valve are scumbags of the industry trying to monopolize digital retail PC game distribution while EA has no monopoly on PC gaming ... 

No amount of debating with you is going to change your view of Valve, let alone the other big publishers, so I'm not going to waste my time.

I don't see Valve as the scumbags that you seem to see them as. I do however see EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda acting incredibly lazy and doing so very little for their PC storefronts, let alone games. GoG restrict themselves with their no DRM rule, so they already have a level at which they will forever be playing at.

I also see EA and the other publishers as being far more anti consumer and restrictive. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

2.96GB you can get it on pirate bay without installing drm or malware on your PC, it's sad to think.. but the torrent literally is better to have on your PC than the official version of it in terms of PUPs.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Already own it on Steam.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

GOWTLOZ said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Bah, it's Origin. Not even free games can make me download another DRM service at this point, I've got enough with Steam as it is.

caffeinade said:
Cool, still not gonna use Origin.

Don't see the reason for this. Its a free service that gives you free games. Don't be blinded by your hate for a company that you can't see the good they are doing. You aren't giving them money either way so they don't gain anything from this. You do.

This only applies if you haven't played the game of course.

I already have to deal with too many clients as is though, it's all too complicated.

Ill pass on the Origin Download, however if it was Dead Space 4.. i wouldnt resist the temptation.

Darwinianevolution said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Don't see the reason for this. Its a free service that gives you free games. Don't be blinded by your hate for a company that you can't see the good they are doing. You aren't giving them money either way so they don't gain anything from this. You do.

This only applies if you haven't played the game of course.

I don't like EA as it is, but that is not the reason why I don't use Origin (or Uplay, or Battle, or any other that isn't Steam). I don't like installing DRM programs on my PC. That is the reason I don't buy games that need those services, or that add Denuvo and/or similar software. The only reason Steam gets a free pass is because it's its almost monopoly of the PC space.

Origin is no different than Steam and you could download it for Dead Space and when you're done just remove it from your computer.