By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Dead Space is free on Origin

Are you getting this on Origin?

Yes 4 33.33%

No 8 66.67%

Total:12

Dead Space was added to On The House on EA Origin on PC. Better get it now!

Playing it for the first time the game has me hooked with its atmosphere and I like the HUD in the game. Its slick and not intrusive at all and just blends well with the game too. Its really fun to play and for me it feels a bit better to play than RE 7 because its third person. The atmosphere can be a bit heavy at times so I stopped playing one hour into the game. I'll go back to it though as its very enjoyable and fun.

Around the Network

Bah, it's Origin. Not even free games can make me download another DRM service at this point, I've got enough with Steam as it is.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Does it have controller support?

bananaking21 said:
Does it have controller support?

Yes

Cool, still not gonna use Origin.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Bah, it's Origin. Not even free games can make me download another DRM service at this point, I've got enough with Steam as it is.

caffeinade said:

Don't see the reason for this. Its a free service that gives you free games. Don't be blinded by your hate for a company that you can't see the good they are doing. You aren't giving them money either way so they don't gain anything from this. You do.

This only applies if you haven't played the game of course.

i'm getting it because it's free.

edit: Dead Space is not showing up for me.

edit 2: Nevermind, I see it now.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 18 February 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
GOWTLOZ said:
Darwinianevolution said:

caffeinade said:

Don't see the reason for this. Its a free service that gives you free games. Don't be blinded by your hate for a company that you can't see the good they are doing. You aren't giving them money either way so they don't gain anything from this. You do.

I don't like EA as it is, but that is not the reason why I don't use Origin (or Uplay, or Battle, or any other that isn't Steam). I don't like installing DRM programs on my PC. That is the reason I don't buy games that need those services, or that add Denuvo and/or similar software. The only reason Steam gets a free pass is because it's its almost monopoly of the PC space.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

GOWTLOZ said:
Darwinianevolution said:

caffeinade said:

I already own the game on Steam.
The only EA game that interests me at the moment is Titanfall 2.

It isn't worth downloading another client for one game.

Darwinianevolution said:

I don't like EA as it is, but that is not the reason why I don't use Origin (or Uplay, or Battle, or any other that isn't Steam). I don't like installing DRM programs on my PC. That is the reason I don't buy games that need those services, or that add Denuvo and/or similar software. The only reason Steam gets a free pass is because it's its almost monopoly of the PC space.

That shouldn't mean we should give Valve a reason to sit on their asses and make no AAA games ... 

We need to stand up to them as they are worse for PC gaming than EA is ...