By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima on the current stock situation with Switch

killeryoshis said:
It is out of stock in Europe? That's news to me. That also means that America is sold out too since America usually sells more than Europe. That's crazy. It sorta feels like a Wii situation all over again.

What I find funny is that I still think the Switch is in small sales mode.

Find a store that doesn't have the in stock. Stock issues in the US are a rare thing now.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
quickrick said:

Nobody claimed stock issues are none existent. in japan stock is not optimal, like the rotw, but it's close to baseline considering kimishima  just said it sold out in some stores but you can find it in another store, which is basically what posters have been saying at resetera.  sp people thinking that switch is gonna to 60k with better stock are most likely wrong because if demand was that high, it would much harder to find.

Just let him run with whatever he wants ... (with time he'll acknowledge that there is a surplus with the Switch soon enough) 

As more data starts coming from media create, the argument about stock issues will be put to rest ... 

Wow the rule where if you post something wrong you corrected instantly is more than 100% true haha. Anyway I went to Wal-Mart while getting Snes Mini(Which was in stock! ) and saw a few there. I live in a sub urban area so that might explain a bit. If there are stock problems I don't see them in America.

Also I don't think I have ever been quoted so many times in a single thread with so few replies haha.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Who quoted me?

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

If you hate to be that guy, then don't be it. The final sentence of the article states that there are still stock issues, but that didn't stop the usual suspects (a.k.a. fatslob and quickrick) to claim that stock issues are non-existent despite specifically quoting the paragraph of the article that states there are still stock issues.

Nobody claimed stock issues are none existent. in japan stock is not optimal, like the rotw, but it's close to baseline considering kimishima  just said it sold out in some stores but you can find it in another store, which is basically what posters have been saying at resetera.  so people thinking that switch is gonna to 60k with better stock are most likely wrong because if demand was that high, it would much harder to find.

Its not really big difference between 40-50k and 60k (40-50k baseline for January-February without big release even without any stock problems is quite good in any case) , especially when January-February are one of weakest months in Japan (at list for Nintendo hardware) and when Switch this year until this week didnt had any bigger release exept Mario Rabbids.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 18 February 2018

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

Nobody claimed stock issues are none existent. in japan stock is not optimal, like the rotw, but it's close to baseline considering kimishima  just said it sold out in some stores but you can find it in another store, which is basically what posters have been saying at resetera.  so people thinking that switch is gonna to 60k with better stock are most likely wrong because if demand was that high, it would much harder to find.

Its not really big difference between 40-50k and 60k (40-50k baseline for January-February without big release even without any stock problems is quite good in any case) , especially when January-February are one of weakest months in Japan (at list for Nintendo hardware) and when Switch this year until this week didnt had any bigger release exept Mario Rabbids.

the coming weeks should give a clearer picture, but its looking like 40-50k. it's not bad at all, but some people expected 80k-100k like rying. 

Miyamotoo said:

Definitely not Winter ... (they easily make it into the top 6 months of the year) 

Spring/Summer seasons + October are the slowest months for hardware sales in Japan ...

RolStoppable said:

If you hate to be that guy, then don't be it. The final sentence of the article states that there are still stock issues, but that didn't stop the usual suspects (a.k.a. fatslob and quickrick) to claim that stock issues are non-existent despite specifically quoting the paragraph of the article that states there are still stock issues.

Well I was commenting more on the fact that the "Switch barely has supply constraints" argument is actually pretty valid right now, as opposed to defending "the usual suspects". Alk pretty much just waved his hand in dismissal at an argument just because users he doesn't like used that argument, which is ok, but the article itself pretty much supports the argument that stock issues are almost non-existent. They're still there, but if that's what you're correcting me on than my comment literally says so and uses specific wording just to be clear that there still are some stock issues. If you're trying to get me on the technicality that fatslob and the like are arguing there are no stock issues, then let me say that I was merely suggesting that the issue is a bit more complicated than simply "There are stock issues!" and "There aren't stock issues!", because both those positions are just a way of defending or attacking a piece of plastic. I'm not defending "the usual suspects" from Alk, merely saying there is some basis that we shouldn't forget...

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 18 February 2018

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

the coming weeks should give a clearer picture, but its looking like 40-50k. it's not bad at all, but some people expected 80k-100k like rying. 

But thats a point, we have 40-50k baseline in January-February that are one of weakest months in Japan and whithout any big release and with fact that we still have some stock problems. So with better stocks and new releases we can probably expect higher baseline for weeks and months that are coming.

spurgeonryan said:
RolStoppable said:

Can you unlock some of my old threads please?

OT: My store has about 20 on hand. No supply issues anymore. They are the red and blue systems though, nothing special.

Your store is in Japan?