By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Delaware students can now choose their own race (Yes, RACE!) under new regulations.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

As Flilix said, there are biological differences between individual humans too, even siblings. So, do siblings count as different races?

It's possible. A few generations back in my family there was a caucasian brother and a black sister. Technically they were only half siblings, but they were still siblings nonetheless.

And of course there are biological differences between individual people, we're not all clones! But there are still clear differences in the genes related to skin pigmentation and skeletal structure between different groups of people. There's other differences too, but those ones are the most recognisable.

Would you consider a Swedish person from Germanic origin and an Italian person from Romanic origin, to be different races?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It's possible. A few generations back in my family there was a caucasian brother and a black sister. Technically they were only half siblings, but they were still siblings nonetheless.

And of course there are biological differences between individual people, we're not all clones! But there are still clear differences in the genes related to skin pigmentation and skeletal structure between different groups of people. There's other differences too, but those ones are the most recognisable.

So, what is your argument supposed to be then? There are differences between groups, yes. But what is that supposed to insinuate?

False equivalency. The biological and genetic differences between  humans of the same race are extremely small compared to those of different races.

Might as well call yourself a galaxy because you are also made up of atoms.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, what is your argument supposed to be then? There are differences between groups, yes. But what is that supposed to insinuate?

False equivalency. The biological and genetic differences between  humans of the same race are extremely small compared to those of different races.

Again, as I said there's not even really pure races anymore because of many, many years/decades/centuries/millennia/etc. of interracial mixing.

Jon-Erich said:
I can imagine the average SJW trying to wrap their mind around this. Should they be cheering for this because it further expands on the idea that they can identify as anything and everything or should they condemn it on the grounds of cultural appropriation?

Hilarious, but it won't be the first SJWs got themselves trapped in their own nets. 

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

Again, as I said there's not even really pure races anymore because of many, many years/decades/centuries/millennia/etc. of interracial mixing.

False. There's still plenty of racial characteristics between different races. So much so that each race has different health issues and natural abilities.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

False. There's still plenty of racial characteristics between different races. So much so that each race has different health issues and natural abilities.

Such as?

I fail to see any negative consequences coming from this.
Serious question, why should I, or anyone give a toss how someone identifies?

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

Such as?

East Asians omit alot less body odor than other races. They also get cancer less.

Blacks (african) are generally more athletically gifted than other races. With illnesses, they are more prone to certain kinds. https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/features/why-7-deadly-diseases-strike-blacks-most#1

I suggest you do research of own on it. Saying there's no races is very unscientific.

vivster said:
VGPolyglot said:

Just an FYI, there's actually more genetic difference between you and any random individual within the same race than between any two races.

Genetically, race is almost meaningless, as it mostly exists socially and politically

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

Such as?

Some have long penises, some have higher IQ, some are more prone to autoimmune diseases, some are less prone to cancer, some are hairless, some are hairier, some are longer on average, some are shorter on average

.... the list goes on and on. (on average is a keyword here)