By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - School Shooting in South Florida

Sad. This is what happens when it’s so easy to buy guns. I mean, it made sense 100 years ago when the world/society/laws were different, but it’s kind of ridiculous and backwards these days to be honest.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Not even newsworthy, honestly. Americans have decided as a society that it's okay for mass shootings to occur on a daily basis and do nothing about them beyond the farcical 'thoughts and prayers'. No sympathy from me, sorry. You've had years to enact a solution but instead chosen to drag your feet. These are the predictable results of astounding inaction

RingoGaSuki said:
Not even newsworthy, honestly. Americans have decided as a society that it's okay for mass shootings to occur on a daily basis and do nothing about them beyond the farcical 'thoughts and prayers'. No sympathy from me, sorry. You've had years to enact a solution but instead chosen to drag your feet. These are the predictable results of astounding inaction

How dare you withhold the solution to violence from us like that. Every other country apparently has it figured out, yet refuses to clue the U.S. in. Shame.

RingoGaSuki said:

I could be wrong but , again, I really don't think this has to do with the majority .... it's not like democracy doesn't have loop holes

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/28/strong-majority-of-americans-nra-members-back-gun-control

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2017/oct/03/chris-abele/do-90-americans-support-background-checks-all-gun-/

https://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/17054452/PPP-GunOwnersPollResults-11.17.15.pdf

We really need to stop making every thread about a problem in america about how stupid americans must be because obviously the majority must be the problem and corrupt politicians aren't a thing. 

Senator Christopher Murphy sums up the shooting in a way that we all understand 

Around the Network
Rab said:

It's sad but he's right ... if we actually gathered up and pretended like we were going to kill the people who kept stopping important laws from being passed they'd change their mind real quick. It comes out of a lack of perspective that these people don't help important laws get passed.

Nighthawk117 said:
super_etecoon said:

Aha...I knew there was an important part of that amendment that needed to be stated.  Thanks for helping our foreign brothers and sisters understand the language that is used to allow hobbysists and enthusiasts the opportunity to possess weapons of warfare.

My pleasure.  And no criminal/robber/thief will ever threaten/steal/extort from fucking Nighthawk117 and his family.

They will. Professional thieves break in when no one is home. Only drugged up morons try at night when people are home. 

It's not even stupidity at this point. The inaction and dumbfounding level of apathy with which the issue is treated that is the problem.

Americans always ready the typical responses. "Don't try to politicise a tragedy!", "Gun control? (Not even a complete ban, even a simple system of checks) SCREEEEEE", "We have to respect the second amendment! (Though the very word amendment itself means that it CAN be changed!)". 

Many Americans (great examples of which can be seen in this very thread), are completely irrational on this issue. Killing is a byproduct of human nature, but acting like controlling access to deadly weapons won't result in a lower number of deaths is ridiculous. 

I understand the power the NRA and other lobbyists hold with corrupt politicians, but it is not indestructible, nothing is. If you want to improve the state of your society, it needs to be dismantled. That's entirely possible. 

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 15 February 2018

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Rab said:

It's sad but he's right ... if we actually gathered up and pretended like we were going to kill the people who kept stopping important laws from being passed they'd change their mind real quick. It comes out of a lack of perspective that these people don't help important laws get passed.

Yep, threatening to murder people usually gets them to do what you want. But continue talking about other people's lack of perspective.

RingoGaSuki said:

It's not even stupidity at this point. The inaction and dumbfounding level of apathy with which the issue is treated that is the problem.

Americans always ready the typical responses. "Don't try to politicise a tragedy!", "Gun control? (Not even a complete ban, even a simple system of checks) SCREEEEEE", "We have to respect the second amendment! (Though the very word amendment itself means that it CAN be changed!)". 

Many Americans (great examples of which can be seen in this very thread), are completely irrational on this issue. Killing is a byproduct of human nature, but acting like controlling access to deadly weapons won't result in a lower number of deaths is ridiculous. 

I understand the power the NRA and other lobbyists hold with corrupt politicians, but it is not indestructible, nothing is. If you want to improve the state of your society, it needs to be dismantled. That's entirely possible. 

With few exceptions, the homicide rate in the U.S. has gone down every year for the past quarter-century (it's now half of what it was then). Apparently that can't be due to stricter gun laws, since most of the people in this thread claim nothing has been done to stop the killings. So how exactly do you explain this?