By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Feminists outrage at walk on/Grid girls, F1 & Darts models ban. Your thoughts?

I am...

In support of Grid girls. 72 79.12%

I support banning grid gi... 6 6.59%

Indifferent or unsure. 12 13.19%

Comments... 1 1.10%

Total:91
DonFerrari said:
Teeqoz said:

If this will lead to a massive loss of profit because of huge backlash, this just means that F1 has poor leadership and lacks understanding of their market. And the leadership should be held accountable for that.

But I think that in that case, you should criticize F1 for listening to said minority, not criticizing the minority for voicing their opinion. They're the ones calling the shots after all.

Just like Marvel, DC and Sony have regarding their comics and movies that tried to please vocal minorities and were met with huge losses on those try outs.

Some people on marketing have been working to promote their agenda and ideals instead of the company best interest.

I can criticize whoever I want, even more when said minority will name call people that don't agree with them as misogynists, rappers, bigots, etc. And sure the F1 leads deserve criticism as well. Still people that doesn't even make the market for that product going there to cause ruckus deserve a lot of criticism.

Take your own advise on creating a new F1 championship with grid girls and deliver to those groups for they to create their own without instead of messing around where they have no stakes. Public like or don't care about the grid girls, the girls like the job, the racers and companies were ok with it, so it is a clear case of external meddling.

Uhm... okay, I'm gonna have to ask you to explain further because I'm not sure what you are trying to say in your first paragraph. Marvel met huge losses pandering to vocal minorities? What?

The last paragraph also has me scratching my head. Why should I create a new championship with grid girls, when I'm not opposed to them being removed? That doesn't even make sense. 

You can criticize whoever you want, but if you actually want to achieve something with said criticism, you should target those calling the shots. If you just want to criticize for the sake of criticizing, then go ahead.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
DonFerrari said:

Just like Marvel, DC and Sony have regarding their comics and movies that tried to please vocal minorities and were met with huge losses on those try outs.

Some people on marketing have been working to promote their agenda and ideals instead of the company best interest.

I can criticize whoever I want, even more when said minority will name call people that don't agree with them as misogynists, rappers, bigots, etc. And sure the F1 leads deserve criticism as well. Still people that doesn't even make the market for that product going there to cause ruckus deserve a lot of criticism.

Take your own advise on creating a new F1 championship with grid girls and deliver to those groups for they to create their own without instead of messing around where they have no stakes. Public like or don't care about the grid girls, the girls like the job, the racers and companies were ok with it, so it is a clear case of external meddling.

Uhm... okay, I'm gonna have to ask you to explain further because I'm not sure what you are trying to say in your first paragraph. Marvel met huge losses pandering to vocal minorities? What?

The last paragraph also has me scratching my head. Why should I create a new championship with grid girls, when I'm not opposed to them being removed? That doesn't even make sense. 

You can criticize whoever you want, but if you actually want to achieve something with said criticism, you should target those calling the shots. If you just want to criticize for the sake of criticizing, then go ahead.

The comics DC and Marvel made with black Spiderman, lesbian black Iron Man, etc where all huge commercial failures... Ghostbusters as well... and there are more examples if you go there look of people requesting "representation" on the comics that were met with low sales because the ones requesting weren't really willing to buy, just to cause ruckus.

You have to scratch it more then. You advised people that want F1 with grid girls to create their own F1, so I said that you could use the same suggestion to create a F1 without grid girls instead of requesting they to be removed as was the case on this.

So you think the root on this issue is the F1 listening the vocal minority and pandering to them and not that those vocal minorities are doing the same thing on about every single place they can think of?

I don't follow F1 for over 5 years and probably won't follow for a lot longer so if they burn down I wouldn't care much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Scoobes said:
Qwark said:

At the end of the day those women are out of a job and F1/Darts fans who liked the soul, culture and entertainment build around the sport, see those very sports lose personality yet again.

The F1 was way better with high pitching V12 engines which requires maximum effort of both driver and engineers, major accidents, great circuits like nurburgring Nordscheiffe and real drivers with actual personalities. 

Instead of this political correct, safety first and speed last F1 we got these days. Hell the freaking track records are all driven in 2003-2006. Because some moron thinks its better to rave with V6 engines. The removal of F1 girls only further the course of F1 being more of the latter.

It's a shame to see darts following the same trend though. Within 5 years the bear tables and booze will  probably be restricted as well. All to make these sports more family friendly and socially acceptable.

@ bolded

Yeah, because it was much better in the 60s when drivers had a 1 in 3 chance of surviving their careers through no fault of their own. 11 circuits had their lap records set in 2017 so that's bullshit. That includes some of the old classic circuits like Spa, Silverstone, Brazil and Monaco.

Also, if they didn't move to V6 hybrid engines then a lot of manufacturers wouldn't be bothering to supply engines as they wouldn't be relevant to anything outside of F1. F1 has to stay up to date or else they risk the whole sport dying for a small core of "purists".

A 1.6litre V6 with 780 horsepower is not really useful for anything but F1. The only somewhat modern streetcars I know with F1 inspired engines where the ferrati F50 and the Carrera GT. The last F1 driver died in 2014 and the one before that in 1994. So there is actually a grey area. In which cars got faster and safer at the same time. But since we are talking about safety how about we are going to forbid climbing mountains, plenty of people die each year trying to climb mount everest. F1 drivers where never forced back in the day and understood the risks. Sure it's better when no one dies, but since the 90''s those chances are already very slim.

As for the fastest lap times until the season of 2017

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2017/6/for-the-record---the-stories-behind-the-f1-calendar-s-quickest-l.html

Quite a few of those records are still standing. Modern (pro 2010) F1 cars or better said only the F1 2017 cars thanks to bigger tires and more downforce are better suited at more technical tracks.

The record for Monza belongs to barichello and is almost 2 seconds faster than the F1 time in 2005. Which had way more horsepower and still no deaths. Difference is back in those days the F1 car was pretty much the fastest thing on 4 wheels a team could make. The F1 cars since 2010 could all be much faster if they weren't so restricted by regulations.

Last edited by Qwark - on 21 February 2018

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Scoobes said:

@ bolded

Yeah, because it was much better in the 60s when drivers had a 1 in 3 chance of surviving their careers through no fault of their own. 11 circuits had their lap records set in 2017 so that's bullshit. That includes some of the old classic circuits like Spa, Silverstone, Brazil and Monaco.

Also, if they didn't move to V6 hybrid engines then a lot of manufacturers wouldn't be bothering to supply engines as they wouldn't be relevant to anything outside of F1. F1 has to stay up to date or else they risk the whole sport dying for a small core of "purists".

A 1.6litre V6 with 780 horsepower is not really useful for anything but F1. The only somewhat modern streetcars I know with F1 inspired engines where the ferrati F50 and the Carrera GT. The last F1 driver died in 2014 and the one before that in 1994. So there is actually a grey area. In which cars got faster and safer at the same time. But since we are talking about safety how about we are going to forbid climbing mountains, plenty of people die each year trying to climb mount everest. F1 drivers where never forced back in the day and understood the risks. Sure it's better when no one dies, but since the 90''s those chances are already very slim.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2017/6/for-the-record---the-stories-behind-the-f1-calendar-s-quickest-l.html

Quite a few of those records are still standing. Modern (pro 2010) F1 cars or better said only the F1 2017 cars thanks to bigger tires and more downforce are better suited at more technical tracks.

The record for Monza belongs to barichello and is almost 2 seconds faster than the F1 time in 2005. Which had way more horsepower and still no deaths. Difference is back in those days the F1 car was pretty much the fastest thing on 4 wheels a team could make. The F1 cars since 2010 could all be much faster if they weren't so restricted by regulations.

We should get rid of police and military since they can die in service ¬..¬"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Qwark said:

Those are kind of necessary to preserve some sort of order to the world though. The world can easily let go of extreme sports and activities like climbing mountains. The question is do we want that. As long as people understand the risk of what they are doing, let them do it as long as they don't risk the life of people who got nothing to do with that activity.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
DonFerrari said:

Those are kind of necessary to preserve some sort of order to the world though. The world can easily let go of extreme sports and activities like climbing mountains. The question is do we want that. As long as people understand the risk of what they are doing, let them do it as long as they don't risk the life of people who got nothing to do with that activity.

Sure thing Qwark... but we SJW know better and can't let people do what they want and risk their lives if they want. We have to prohibit it.

DonFerrari said:
Teeqoz said:

The comics DC and Marvel made with black Spiderman, lesbian black Iron Man, etc where all huge commercial failures... Ghostbusters as well... and there are more examples if you go there look of people requesting "representation" on the comics that were met with low sales because the ones requesting weren't really willing to buy, just to cause ruckus.

You have to scratch it more then. You advised people that want F1 with grid girls to create their own F1, so I said that you could use the same suggestion to create a F1 without grid girls instead of requesting they to be removed as was the case on this.

So you think the root on this issue is the F1 listening the vocal minority and pandering to them and not that those vocal minorities are doing the same thing on about every single place they can think of?

I don't follow F1 for over 5 years and probably won't follow for a lot longer so if they burn down I wouldn't care much.

Miles Morales as Spiderman wasn't a huge commercial failure. In fact it's still going, and the character will even be the basis of the Into the Spiderverse animated movie. While I don't see the problem with stuff like Miles Morales, but yes, if you are pushing diversity for the sole sake of diversity then that's just silly.

Ghostbusters was a commercial failure because it wasn't a very good movie - not because of pandering. That responsibiliy lies on the shoulders of Sony's movie studios not exactly being the best in the business.

DonFerrari said: 

Uhm. Well, that may be what you meant, but it wasn't what you actually wrote. You wrote this:

DonFerrari said: 

Take your own advise on creating a new F1 championship with grid girls and deliver to those groups for they to create their own without instead of messing around where they have no stakes. 

But if you meant without grid girls, then yes, people could absolutely do that, but there is no need for them to do so because F1 changed their policy. If F1 changes it back, then that option becomes relevant again. Who knows, maybe your outrage because of this will get F1 to change their mind and reinstate grid girls! Then people who don't want grid girls will have to go elsewhere if it bothers them enough.

DonFerrari said: 

Well, if according to you, feminists have this huge influence and are taking over everything, clearly your current approach to stopping that isn't working very well. I'm just suggesting that you should evaluate wether your current way of dealing with it is effective or not. Maybe you should lobby those in charge, instead of whining about other people lobbying those in charge.

But that's just my suggestion! You can express your opinion however you see fit

Teeqoz said:
DonFerrari said:

Miles Morales as Spiderman wasn't a huge commercial failure. In fact it's still going, and the character will even be the basis of the Into the Spiderverse animated movie. While I don't see the problem with stuff like Miles Morales, but yes, if you are pushing diversity for the sole sake of diversity then that's just silly.

Since you agree that diversity shoehorning is bad then we already have an agreement that meeting vocal minority can lead to bad outcomes.

Ghostbusters was a commercial failure because it wasn't a very good movie - not because of pandering. That responsibiliy lies on the shoulders of Sony's movie studios not exactly being the best in the business.

A lot of the backlash on Ghost-buster came from they pandering to SJW and them out-bursting against their own fanbase not accepting their choices.

DonFerrari said: 

Uhm. Well, that may be what you meant, but it wasn't what you actually wrote. You wrote this:

DonFerrari said: 

Take your own advise on creating a new F1 championship with grid girls and deliver to those groups for they to create their own without instead of messing around where they have no stakes. 

But if you meant without grid girls, then yes, people could absolutely do that, but there is no need for them to do so because F1 changed their policy. If F1 changes it back, then that option becomes relevant again. Who knows, maybe your outrage because of this will get F1 to change their mind and reinstate grid girls! Then people who don't want grid girls will have to go elsewhere if it bothers them enough.

You just read the first part of the sentence then. Read the full sentence.

DonFerrari said: 

Well, if according to you, feminists have this huge influence and are taking over everything, clearly your current approach to stopping that isn't working very well. I'm just suggesting that you should evaluate wether your current way of dealing with it is effective or not. Maybe you should lobby those in charge, instead of whining about other people lobbying those in charge.

The pestering they have been doing (not only feminist, but the whole representative movements) have been very effective on mandating a lot of TV ads to adhere, companies to direct content, etc.

No need to lobby, I'm in favor of individuality, so if the content doesn't meet my needs I just don't consume. There is a lot of legacy content for this to never be an issue.

DonFerrari said:
Teeqoz said:

Since you agree that diversity shoehorning is bad then we already have an agreement that meeting vocal minority can lead to bad outcomes.

Of course. I never said otherwise...

DonFerrari said: 
Teeqoz said: 

A lot of the backlash on Ghost-buster came from they pandering to SJW and them out-bursting against their own fanbase not accepting their choices.

Well, the impression I got was that it just wasn't a very good movie and that's why it didn't perform well.

DonFerrari said: 
Teeqoz said: 

You just read the first part of the sentence then. Read the full sentence.

I read all of it, but it was pretty confusingly worded. Couple that with the first part of the sentence which directly contradicted the rest, and I had a hard time figuring out what you actually meant. No worries though, as you cleared it up.

DonFerrari said: 
Teeqoz said: 

The pestering they have been doing (not only feminist, but the whole representative movements) have been very effective on mandating a lot of TV ads to adhere, companies to direct content, etc.

No need to lobby, I'm in favor of individuality, so if the content doesn't meet my needs I just don't consume. There is a lot of legacy content for this to never be an issue.

Voting with your wallet is absolutely a legitimate way to voice your opinion! I'm just confused, are you now saying that you don't really mind? Because that wasn't the impression I got first.

I would not like darts any less if they don't have walk on girls, so they can do whatever they want but its not offending at all in my opinion and these feminists sucks, I would not want to date one.

Twitter @CyberMalistix