By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 13 January 2018

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
quickrick said:

nope, the sell through number is not of the 31, nintedo can report numbers outside of that period, there charts with the sell through also go up to week 47 which is jan 21, nintendo also said as of now, not the december 31 like there shipment numbers. 

I'm pretty sure that's entirely incorrect. Are you literally implying that an investor was using a false comparison between the numbers sold through as of late January and the numbers shipped as of December? You're literally insinuating that the investor A ) is retarded and B ) that Nintendo is making a comparison between two different numbers from different dates for no reason ...

Sorry but I think it's really apparent what's going on here

dude they have don't it before, here you go, mario 2 million sell through was outside the September 30 report, and so was the 7 million switch sold. you also ignore that nintendo used the word now in the 13 million announcement, NOW only has one meaning. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 11 February 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
jason1637 said:
Why are people getting on quickrick case? The Switch is over tracked and it's good that someone points it out so that it can be corrected.

yea it's not even debatable, nintendo announced 13 millions sold through as of jan 28, yet according to vgchartz nintendo is gonna be at 14.6 million sold through by then,why would nintendo use 13 million number its makes 0 sense.

Did you put facts on your ignore list too?

The over 13 million comment was made at the financial briefing the day after the OCT-DEC report was released. The briefing was about explaining those numbers in detail. Key word: OCT-DEC. Besides, they said over. Have that seat.

quickrick said:

As of now, which only has one meaning.

Yeah, just like "over 13 millions" has one meaning, but to you (and only you) "over 13 millions" means "equal to 13 millions".

And they also said "numbers from NA, Europe and Japan only" but I guess it's something you don't wanna include in your statement, and why bother to include it when you can use the Super Mario Odyssey "fact"

quickrick said:

That doesn't prove anything either, though. It's very normal for a company to report on their biggest game if that report is being made during the month the game came out, even if the report was mainly talking about the prior month. 

Again, what you're saying is that an investor, and Nintendo, are literally comparing two different numbers that would be from completely different time periods for no reason. That's not even close to reporting on Mario Odyssey during the September IR. 

By the way, while you are right that the language is vague and saying "now" sounds like a reference to January, literally right after saying that they talk about it in the context of the holiday season : "The results for the first holiday season exceeded our expectations." If those numbers were in January they'd probably say "the sell-through through January during the post-holiday season exceeded our expectations". 

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could be right, but I think it's not conclusive enough. 

OTBWY said:
quickrick said:

yea it's not even debatable, nintendo announced 13 millions sold through as of jan 28, yet according to vgchartz nintendo is gonna be at 14.6 million sold through by then,why would nintendo use 13 million number its makes 0 sense.

The over 13 million comment was made at the financial briefing the day after the OCT-DEC report was released. The briefing was about explaining those numbers in detail. Key word: OCT-DEC. Besides, they said over. Have that seat.

they can use numbers out of those dates, just look at my above post, and lt'ss ignore nintendo said as of now, let's pretend we don't what now means? to suit are agenda the fact is they can report numbers past there OCT-DEC report just they did before in there last briefing, now you take a seat. :) 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
quickrick said:

That doesn't prove anything either, though. It's very normal for a company to report on their biggest game if that report is being made during the month the game came out, even if the report was mainly talking about the prior month. 

Again, what you're saying is that an investor, and Nintendo, are literally comparing two different numbers that would be from completely different time periods for no reason. That's not even close to reporting on Mario Odyssey during the September IR. By the way, while you are right that the language is vague and saying "now" sounds like a reference to January, literally right after saying that they talk about it in the context of the holiday season : "The results for the first holiday season exceeded our expectations." If those numbers were in January they'd probably say "the sell-through through January during the post-holiday season exceeded our expectations". 

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could be right, but I think it's not conclusive enough. 

ok so i show you proof, of mario numbers, and 7 million, out side of there september 30 period, not enough huh? how about Nintendo own chart int the briefing  its goes up to week 47, which is jan 21, how about nintendo saying 13 million now which only means one thing, here is more proof though.

quickrick said:
OTBWY said:

they can use numbers out of those dates, just look at my above post, and lt'ss ignore nintendo said as of now, let's pretend we don't what now means? to suit are agenda the fact is they can report numbers past there OCT-DEC report just they did before in there last briefing, now you take a seat. :) 

This was a tough read.

Nintendo simply expanded on the shipped numbers of the OCT-DEC report. Nothing more. It's not some wacky conspiracy as you're suggesting. The last briefing was also expanded upon like last time, with shipped and sold-through. Stay in that seat.

I still haven't seen the "as of now" that you are talking about. Which would also be really weird from someone in Marketing using that word considering they don't have the numbers as of 'now'.. they can't track numbers as easily you know.

OTBWY said:
quickrick said:

This was a tough read.

Nintendo simply expanded on the shipped numbers of the OCT-DEC report. Nothing more. It's not some wacky conspiracy as you're suggesting. The last briefing was also expanded upon like last time, with shipped and sold-through. Stay in that seat.

nintendo own chart in the briefing, to jan 21, lmao how much times are you gonna be owned, and tell people to take a seat  

]

xMetroid said:
I still haven't seen the "as of now" that you are talking about. Which would also be really weird from someone in Marketing using that word considering they don't have the numbers as of 'now'.. they can't track numbers as easily you know.

The number now exceeds 13 million, only has one meaning.