By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XENOGEARS 20th anniversary

This game deserves a remake, so they can complete the 2 disk because that part was mutilated.

Around the Network

A near masterpiece for sure, if it wasn't for Disc 2. Maybe one day, Square Enix and Nintendo/Monolith can put their differences aside and collab on a remake. Until then, I guess perfect works will have to do...and our dreams

If you didn't already know, the soundtrack is being remastered with a release in April.

This clip has a small sample

OTBWY said:
Xen said:

Haha. I think it is in fact their platform that has the best chance of getting it at this point.

You never know.

Not when Sony has SE's balls firmly in their grip they won't. But that aside, I just think there's also no desire to do it. Monolith has moved on. They are slowly building a franchise that is growing and moving towards becoming their highest selling. It's a bitter pill to swallow, and I would like nothing more than a Xenogears remake, but I just don't see it.

What makes you say Sony has SE's balls in a vice though?

..I can agree @ lack of desire, though.

It was really an average rpg overall. It had a lot of flaws and I didn't find the mechanics or the characters to be very compelling. Perhaps it was a shell of what it could have been but that's something we will never know.

I do remember my interest building for the rebellion phase but then ... yeah. I can still remember that "wtf" moment when it skipped over ALL of that. I thought I'd done something wrong with the disc swapping.

A remake could possibly fix a lot of that but it's not something I care that much about. Anyway, it's probably become just another action RPG so they might as well just work on other projects.

Around the Network
Xen said:
OTBWY said:

Not when Sony has SE's balls firmly in their grip they won't. But that aside, I just think there's also no desire to do it. Monolith has moved on. They are slowly building a franchise that is growing and moving towards becoming their highest selling. It's a bitter pill to swallow, and I would like nothing more than a Xenogears remake, but I just don't see it.

Because those balls produce every Final Fantasy game for their platform. Most of them anyways.

Despite the flawed controls/camera, and pacing issues it's still in my top ten best role-playing games (maybe even top five.)

The instant a remake is announced I'll hit the preorder button. 

OTBWY said:
Xen said:

Because those balls produce every Final Fantasy game for their platform. Most of them anyways.

They're on Xbox and PC too generally though... and you can't really blame them for avoiding Nintendo's potatoes, XV in its current form would not work on Switch, much less on Wii U.

...the old ones though, yeah, it'd make sense to release them on more platforms.

I got this on my PS3, should really get around to playing it some time.