By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XENOGEARS 20th anniversary

exactly 20 years ago Squareenix released this awesome game, a game i would like to see again in some form, but don't know if it will ever happen...

Around the Network

Damn already 20 years..I'm getting old.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

They need to have some kind of remake to do the story justice. IMO it's a slow game with truly one of the worse examples of gameplay in a JRPG, but the music, story, and artstyle are all great.

Same for Panzer dragoon saga.

They need to remake these games.

I don't care the console it's in, i'll get it.

Xen said:
They need to have some kind of remake to do the story justice. IMO it's a slow game with truly one of the worse examples of gameplay in a JRPG, but the music, story, and artstyle are all great.

I disagree, but, it could easily be remade in the style of the Xenosaga games if squeenix/monolith/nintendo wish it.

Xen said:

From who? Who is going to remake it? Square Enix without the people that left? Monolith Soft that has no control over it and belongs to Nintendo?

It won't happen.

Anyway, ontopic: I remember this game so well. It was one of the first games I imported because I just had to play it. Giant mechs, c'mon.

Around the Network
Naum said:
Damn already 20 years..I'm getting old.

same here, time really flows fast, but will never forget such great games😊

OTBWY said:
Xen said:

From who? Who is going to remake it? Square Enix without the people that left? Monolith Soft that has no control over it and belongs to Nintendo?

It won't happen.

Anyway, ontopic: I remember this game so well. It was one of the first games I imported because I just had to play it. Giant mechs, c'mon.

I would not say with that much confidence that it "won't happen". All one needs is a few key people who can be acquired for the project, the music can be reused, the story already written, the anime cutscenes can be made by any good studio. It's only the gameplay that needs a complete rebuild IMO.

It only takes someone who wants to do it, that is it. The problem is, mid-tier games aren't that big these days at all.

Xen said:
OTBWY said:

It won't happen.

I would not say with that much confidence that it "won't happen". All one needs is a few key people who can be acquired for the project, the music can be reused, the story already written, the anime cutscenes can be made by any good studio. It's only the gameplay that needs a complete rebuild IMO.

It only takes someone who wants to do it, that is it. The problem is, mid-tier games aren't that big these days at all.

Nintendo won't allow any of the people who originally worked on it to work on a remake that has maybe no chance of getting onto their platform. It's a legal minefield.

OTBWY said:
Xen said:

Nintendo won't allow any of the people who originally worked on it to work on a remake that has maybe no chance of getting onto their platform. It's a legal minefield.

Haha. I think it is in fact their platform that has the best chance of getting it at this point.

You never know.

Xen said:
OTBWY said:

Haha. I think it is in fact their platform that has the best chance of getting it at this point.

You never know.

Not when Sony has SE's balls firmly in their grip they won't. But that aside, I just think there's also no desire to do it. Monolith has moved on. They are slowly building a franchise that is growing and moving towards becoming their highest selling. It's a bitter pill to swallow, and I would like nothing more than a Xenogears remake, but I just don't see it.