By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the next Pokémon game have two versions?

XD84 said:
Why should they develop only one game if that would obvisouly hurt their profit?

Actually, it’s just one game either way. The only difference between versions is that some Pokémon are missing (which you can very easily trade online).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
watch them do 4 versions

2 for 3DS

2 that are in HD for Switch

xD

Oh God no... I can see it though.. they kind of did 4 versions for gen 7. :/ 

Now since we said it,its going to happen. Pokemon will be split between the 4 versions and if you want to collect all the pokemon in the game,you have to use all 4 versions

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Of course. Game Freak is like the EA of Nintendo.

I'm predicting the names to be Pokémon Dreams and Pokémon Nightmares.
That could lead up to amazing ideas.

RolStoppable said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

One thing is buying two $40 games to get the full experience, another thing is to have to pay $120 for that. Ideally, they would release one single version with all the content.

The biggest flaw with this line of thinking has always been the lack of mentioning that you'll need to buy two Nintendo handhelds as well. You can only trade Pokémon with two powered on games, so you need two consoles.

Not since Pokemon X and Y. 

Pokebank is a thing. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

They're not losing much of anything like most of you guys are acting like they would by releasing one version instead of two. The amount of people who buy both are extremely small and niche and only the most diehard fans. Most people buy one or the other. The whole point is to trade, and ever since online and the GTS became a thing, any reason to have both pretty much went out the window. The game will sell 15m+ worldwide just like all the past main Pokemon games, whether or not they release one or two versions. They probably still will release two though, because of the whole trading aspect.

BraLoD said:
Nem said:

How do you pay 120 for it?

If it's 40 each, it's 80.

There hasnt been a third version in quite some time. Ultra was a sequel, just like B&W 2.

Let me fill you in on a secret though. You don't need to get every version. There's this tool like an auction house where you can trade the pokemon you want. I honestly never bough more than one version and i got almost all legionaries on my alpha sapphire copy. Only the rarest of rarest are hard to get, because the others are always bred by people and sold for peanuts.

If you mean having the cut-scenes with the mirrored team... do you really care that much? :x

I think he meant 3DS games were 40 and Switch are 60.

Ah, fair enough.

I still think it's silly feeling forced to buy them both unless you have someone else who also plays it. The differences are minimal. It's mostly just flavor and to incentivize trading.

Last edited by Nem - on 11 February 2018

Nem said:
BraLoD said:

I think he meant 3DS games were 40 and Switch are 60.

Ah, fair enough.

I still think it's silly feeling forced to buy them both unless you have someone else who also plays it. The difference are minimal. It's mostly just flavor and to incentivize trading.

I agree 100%, the game has never been about needing both versions to get all the Pokemon, it has been about the social aspect of trading/battling with others.

As a kid i had Red & Silver while my cousin had Blue & Gold.

But they have made it so easy to trade online in recent entries so you dont even need to personally know someone else who plays to get them all.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Why would it not?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Yes, Pokemon Ketchup/Mustard with Pokemon Relish as the 3rd version