By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World vs. Splatoon 2, Horizon, and Zelda BotW Lifetime Sales.

JRPGfan said:
Kyuu said:

Round 1: MHW combined vs. Splatoon 2
- A: Japan (MHW is PS4 exclusive in Japan)
- B: Worldwide

R2: MHW PS4 vs. Splatoon 2
- A: Worldwide
- B: Worldwide (Excluding Japan)

R3: MHW PS4 vs. Horizon

R4: MHW combined vs. BotW combined

Can Monster Hunter World clear? or will it lose most rounds? Don't shy away and leave your thoughts!

We now know that it turned out like this:

- A: MHW
- B: MHW

R3: MHW PS4 vs. Horizon (HZD? or Animal crossing?)
- A: Animal Crossing. (if you ment HZD, then MHW)

- A: BotW

Monster Hunter World did surpriseingly well.... its gone over 16m units, and over 5m of the expansion.

- A: Splatoon 2

- A: Horizon

Fixed that for you and we dont count Master Pass and Octo expansion in the base SKU.

Around the Network
LGBTDBZBBQ said:
JRPGfan said:

We now know that it turned out like this:

R3: MHW PS4 vs. Horizon (HZD? or Animal crossing?)
- A: Animal Crossing. (if you ment HZD, then MHW)

Monster Hunter World did surpriseingly well.... its gone over 16m units, and over 5m of the expansion.

Fixed that for you and we dont count Master Pass and Octo expansion in the base SKU.

Actually I think if we look at official numbers, Splatoon is still behind MHW in Japan, at least as of March 2020 where we got the last updates. The difference is negligible however (Gamedatalibrary has MHW at 3,9 mil and Splatoon 2 at 3,89 mil) and since Splatoon 2 is still selling 5k+ every week and MHW is nowhere to be seen in the Famitsu top 30, it's safe to say that it'll win eventually.

• Add to Phrasebook
    • No word lists for English -> English...
    • Create a new word list...
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Actually I think if we look at official numbers, Splatoon is still behind MHW in Japan, at least as of March 2020 where we got the last updates. The difference is negligible however (Gamedatalibrary has MHW at 3,9 mil and Splatoon 2 at 3,89 mil) and since Splatoon 2 is still selling 5k+ every week and MHW is nowhere to be seen in the Famitsu top 30, it's safe to say that it'll win eventually.

• Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy

Recheck again

3M and above seller for PS4 and NSW are

1. ACNH

2. Smash Ultimate

3. Pokemon SwSh

4. Splatoon 2

5. MK8D

5 on Switch and 0 on PS4

Last edited by LGBTDBZBBQ - on 10 August 2020

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

• Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy

Recheck again

1. ACNH

2. Smash Ultimate

3. Pokemon SwSh

4. Splatoon 2

5. MK8D

5 on Switch and 0 on PS4

Like I said Gamedatalibrary has MH World at 3,9 mil, which would be including digital. I don't know exactly where the figure is from but it's definetely in the right range, since MH World is at 15,5 mil globally and Capcom stated in the 2019 fiscal year report that overseas sales on MH World accounted for around 75 %, meaning 25 % would be from Japan. The ratio could ofc have changed since then, but probably not by a ton. 25 % of 15,5 mil = 3,875 mil

Agente42 said:
src said:

Yup.

3.5-4 million in Japan alone while being almost twice the price.

Record breaking revenue and profits for Capcom FY.

11-12 million overseas.

Outsold every single 3DS entry in one go in almost a 1/4 of the time.

Best selling third party Japanese game of ALL TIME.

MHW and Iceborne are still selling. I expect LTD to be 25 million.

Iirce MHW reached 10 million before the PC release and the western split was like 80:20 on PS:XB. That's 8.8 mil on PS4 and 1.2 mil of XB1. I expect it be:

PS4 : 10 million, XB1: 1.5 million, PC: 4.5 million.

Two things. 3 different platforms and uber-expensive development. and wrong numbers. PC maybe 6,5-7 and PS4 8 millions. Steam spy estimates on STEAM between 5-10 M. U don't have switch counterpoint because of that you argument go down. Capcom maybe lost ton of money not released a Monster Hunter Switch. 

Five things.

MHW was sold at twice the price in Japan.

MHW had the cost of one game vs 4 games in the 3DS era.

Not sure why you bother bringing revenue and profit. We already know MHW broke Capcom revenue and profit records.

Steamspy has been inaccurate eversince Steam shut its API down. PS4 already sold near 8 million before PC SKU even came out lol

Capcom has made more money and created a far bigger brand by making MH for PS4 than they ever would by being on SW. Facts.

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Recheck again

1. ACNH

2. Smash Ultimate

3. Pokemon SwSh

4. Splatoon 2

5. MK8D

5 on Switch and 0 on PS4

Like I said Gamedatalibrary has MH World at 3,9 mil, which would be including digital. I don't know exactly where the figure is from but it's definetely in the right range, since MH World is at 15,5 mil globally and Capcom stated in the 2019 fiscal year report that overseas sales on MH World accounted for around 75 %, meaning 25 % would be from Japan. The ratio could ofc have changed since then, but probably not by a ton. 25 % of 15,5 mil = 3,875 mil

Why don't you use Splatoon 2 total shipment+Digital in Japan then if you insisted to use imaginary Famitsu digital estimates?

Splatoon has sold over 4M with digital

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Why don't you use Splatoon 2 total shipment+Digital in Japan then if you insisted to use imaginary Famitsu digital estimates?

Splatoon 2 shipped 3,89 million as of March 2020, digital included, which was the number I used. Famitsu has it at 3,51 mil sold physically, but since we don't know its digital sales, we don't know its exact current sales. It could be that it is just now reaching those 3,89 mil shipped in March, or it could be that it is higher. The same is true for MH World, so none of us know what they are at exactly as of right now.

Maybe Splatoon 2 has overtaken MH World by now and like I already said it will happen soon regardless. We both agree that Splatoon 2 will sell the most, so lets just leave it at that.

• Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy

UnderwaterFunktown said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Splatoon 2 shipped 3,89 million as of March 2020, digital included, which was the number I used. Famitsu has it at 3,51 mil sold physically, but since we don't know its digital sales, we don't know its exact current sales. It could be that it is just now reaching those 3,89 mil shipped in March, or it could be that it is higher. The same is true for MH World, so none of us know what they are at exactly as of right now.

Maybe Splatoon 2 has overtaken MH World by now and like I already said it will happen soon regardless. We both agree that Splatoon 2 will sell the most, so lets just leave it at that.

• Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy

Please show me Capcom official shipment number in Japan instead of Famitsu imaginary digital estimates

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

• Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy
  • Add to Phrasebook
  • Copy

Please show me Capcom official shipment number in Japan instead of Famitsu imaginary digital estimates

Nothing I've said has been an attempt to do estimates of digital sales. You're the one who stated that Splatton 2 was "over 4 mil with digital", when I had been using the shipment number that already included digital. I cannot find the source of the 3,9 mil and therefore yes it's not reliable, and probably not an official number which I had thought at first. So fine lets just say that Splatoon 2 has won.

We had the MH producer say MHW retained their JP audience so its safe to assume MHW is 4 million+. Th launch week digital was already somewhere like 700k+ iirc.