By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 5): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 29- February 04, 2018

Kerotan said:
Nautilus said:

Hardly.These games are not popular in Japan.At Least RDR is not.

That's not true. Western games this gen like gta 5 and the witcher have seen great growth in Japan on ps4. No reason rdr2 won't easily out perform rdr. 

Thats not true.Not every western game is performing well there and there is no pattern.No reason rdr2 will easily outperform rdr.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Hiku said: 

DBFZ started off slow, but I'm sure a lot of people don't want to drop ¥18,000 on games in the span of a week. Hopefully it keeps selling for a while.

NoCtiS_NoX sai

You say that meanwhile switch owners are buying multiple games at a time

Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

You say that meanwhile switch owners are buying multiple games at a time

I don't think anyone would argue that it's not beneficial to release two big titles right next to each other.

Not sure what you are referring to in regards to Switch though.

The 2 big titles shouldnt effect each other to that extent your thinking of. DBZ is an anime fighter and one of the most hype ones too add (for DB franchise)

What i was implying is switch owners are spending more than 18k yen on games that are months old (1 thats literally almost a year old). Basically we shouldnt say DBZ isnt being bought this week due to insufficient funds because of MHW :p

Switch fell off a cliff in Japan. Not surprised at PS4 considering how big MH is in Japan.

Another great week for MHW and PS4.
Buut my little heart lights up for Mario+Rabbits. That's a strong hold in third week.

Nintendo software is doind crazy well in general. BoTW actually went up this week. At this rate it will hit 1 million sold (physical) sooner that I expected. Splatoon 2 is teasing the 2 million physical line.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Aura7541 said:
That's a very good 2nd week for MHW. Usually, sales drop 80%-85% in the 2nd week, but it managed to drop by 'only' 72%.

Nope, stolen from Era.

MH4-72%

MH4G-77%

MHX-78%

MHXX-67%

MHW-72%

Right in line with the 3DS entries.

I wasn't talking about the series. I was referring to games in Japan, in general.

Good opening for Dragon Ball FighterZ, fighting games really don't do well there anymore. I am not surprised in the least that the RPG elements put Xenoverse ahead.

loy310 said:
Switch fell off a cliff in Japan. Not surprised at PS4 considering how big MH is in Japan.

Sarcasm? Yes sarcasm it is!

Aura7541 said:
zorg1000 said:

Nope, stolen from Era.

MH4-72%

MH4G-77%

MHX-78%

MHXX-67%

MHW-72%

Right in line with the 3DS entries.

I wasn't talking about the series. I was referring to games in Japan, in general.

That seems like a weird comparison.

Why would you pick random games instead of previous games in the series?

Even then your numbers dont seem accurate.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

loy310 said:

I concur. Quickrick was right.