By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami better on PS2?

I wonder if they reduced the recgonition boundries for the Wii version thinking the Wiimote made it far easier to make recgonizable symbols, but perhaps took it too far.

Again, I'll wait for the web reviews because mag reviews would be using an earlier build that could've changed.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
I wonder if they reduced the recgonition boundries for the Wii version thinking the Wiimote made it far easier to make recgonizable symbols, but perhaps took it too far.

Again, I'll wait for the web reviews because mag reviews would be using an earlier build that could've changed.

Again, every review except Nintendo Power says they are easier to recognize. In fact, IGN said it makes it a whole new game, because you can now paint far more quickly and accurately.

Edit: And I'm looking at their screens now on the Game Informer review (just got mine in the mail)... they don't have the Rice Paper Texture in. In other words the version they used for their review is the demo version handed out 3 months ago... ouch.

I'm sure it most likely has to do with having the older version of the game, Matt has talked on IGN about how he complained to Capcom about the version he got and they were all shocked, told him "sorry that's the demo version", and then rushed him the final product.  Which if they gave IGN an older version they might have gave all the other early reviewers the old version, those reviewers might not have ever said anything to capcom and well they reviewed a poor version of the game.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

These are magazines, they're using older versions for their reviews.

And since Nintendo Power got sold off and isn't even associated with Nintendo anymore I'm not sure they even have any credibility.

I remember watching a video comparison on Gamesradar showing PS2 and Wii version being played side by side. They looked pretty much identical, except for the WIi version beng more colorful and widescreen. The funny part was watching the PS2 player take four times as long to do a brush command as the Wii player did.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure EGM only uses final verions to review. GI could have easily used old screens, naznatips. Magazines usually get review builds that are pretty much final code. I know EGM has to buy Ubisoft games themselves lately which is why some of their reviews are really late.

But hey, it's not like I don't expect some of you guys to completely throw away certain reviewers, including 5 individual people from GI and EGM and apparently Nintendo Power (which I guess if not owned by Nintendo must hate Wii games?)

*sigh*

The only good news in contradiction to EGM and GI is IGN's comments. When are they posting an official review?

Nobody's writing off those reviews. IGN says it controls perfectly, which directly contrasts what they're saying. Unless they went back and made the controls worse, the magazines received an older version.

I hope what IGN is saying is the truth. I would think so from reading what MaxwellGT2000 said though. Really looking forward to this game on Wii!

The game will be out in JUNE... How could they review it in APRIL ????

Joke ?

ANYWAY, I remember the PS2 version is FAR from being perfect : you have to try the strokes a few times before it does connect

especially the slashes

did they forget this too ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

windbane said:
I'm pretty sure EGM only uses final verions to review. GI could have easily used old screens, naznatips. Magazines usually get review builds that are pretty much final code. I know EGM has to buy Ubisoft games themselves lately which is why some of their reviews are really late.

But hey, it's not like I don't expect some of you guys to completely throw away certain reviewers, including 5 individual people from GI and EGM and apparently Nintendo Power (which I guess if not owned by Nintendo must hate Wii games?)

*sigh*

The only good news in contradiction to EGM and GI is IGN's comments. When are they posting an official review?

Why on earth would they use old screens if they had the final version of the game?  And EGM released this review far too early for them to have possibly had the final version of the game.  IGN only got it 2 weeks ago.  Given the time it takes to print and ship a magazine it's extremely unlikely they are playing the final build of the game.

Play Magazine also praised the controls as better, although Play isn't exactly the best review source (then again neither is EGM hehe).  Of course it could just be that these people are fat and out of shape and incapable of holding their arms up to draw?  Whatever the reason, I own and have beaten the PS2 version 4 times.  It would be nearly impossible for the Wiimote to be less accurate than the horrible joystick controls in the first.