By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami better on PS2?

Both Nintendo Power (from metacritic quote) and Game Informer's May issue (read full article) say that the PS2 version is stll the one to play. If anyone has access to the Nintendo Power review please tell me the reason they give. Game Informer cites an inaccurate Wiimote compared to the PS2 analog (and for the record, in the same issue recommends the Wii version of both Pro Evo and Sega Superstar Tennis over the PS3/360 versons). That's rather disappointing. I've been playing Trauma Center: New Blood and found it to be adequate and was looking forward to finally finishing Okami (started on PS2) on the Wii. Anyone else have conflicting reports? The few reviews on metacritic don't have links. I'm afraid it's a sloppy port now.

Around the Network

link please

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I know that Matt & Bozon from IGN both prefer the Wii version over the PS2 version.
IGN is for me the most important review anyway.

Considering the OP is windbane and the lack of any source or reference links... I can't really take this too seriously.

Hmm, that is very odd indeed. At IGN, they said that while one or two types of actions (something to do with shaking the nunchuck I believe) may at times be inaccurate, most of the controls are top notch and that the game is definitely a lot better than the PS2 versions.....ESPECIALLY the paint brush part.

Some people know how to use the Wiimote, while others are too use to dual-analog controls. I guess it depends on what you would like. Believe it or not, there are still people out there who prefer the PS2 and Gamecube controls for RE4 rather than the Wii version, despite 90% of the people who say otherwise. Just ask yourself what kind of controls do you prefer and just go for it.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Around the Network

still waiting for link

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Maybe they are just shit using a wii-mote. You gotta pivot your hand on something and not hold the wii-mote in the air like a goose. Kinda like shooting a rifle, standing up and free holding the gun is way more harder to aim leaning on a tree or such.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I have Nintendo Power, they site the same reason. They claim while it's faster to use the wiimote to draw than the analog stick, they also say it's harder to draw accurately enough to get recgonition. IGN seems to say the opposite.

I have two thoughts on that. 1) The magazines are reviewing an earlier build and some improvements may have been made.
2) They are suffering from parkinsons disease because it doesn't make sense. Rayman Rabbids had you trace objects, very quickly, and had no problem with recgonizing how accurately you'd done it. Slightly different but it isn't hard to make a circle or such with a Wiimote, doing it on the PS2 was just ackward.

Guys, I'm on a PS3 browser so I'm not linking. I cited metacritic for the Nintendo Power quote so type in www.metacritic.com and look for yourself. I can quote the Game Informer review from the magazine at my lap if you want. I want to play Okami and I thought the Wii version would be the way to go.

Good to know that IGN likes the Wii version's controls. I'll definitely be curious to check out other reviews.

For those asking for a link: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/okami

You can see the score of 75 along with:
Nintendo Power Okami is a work of genius, but you should play the original game instead of the Wii version if you can. [May 2008, p.88]