By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bluepoint Games is working on the next "Remake"

Legend of dragoon, spyro, ratchet, demons souls, socom. Metal gear solid 1-3. Anyone of those please.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Landale_Star said:
If we must have an FFVII or any Squaresoft remake I think Bluepoint would have more respect for the original source material than Square Enix but this is an impossibility, Square wouldn't allow someone to respect their games.

Sounds like someone hates progress in battle systems.

Not really, I quite like the battle system in every FF game released so FF1-15 and many spin offs, my issue is that I don't trust Square Enix to get almost every aspect of a remake right. I realise that this is personal taste but if a remake ends up drastically different in almost every way from it's source material then I'd rather just have a brand new game. Ratchet and Clank on PS4 is an example of this, it was fine but why even associate it loosely with the first game? I fully expect Square Enix to do something similar. I'd be happy with their new battle system (assuming it's good) in a new game or even a sequel/prequel/spin-off (I loved Crisis Core).

If you want to accuse me of something then it should be that I think remakes should be a pretty faithful celebration of the original game and not a reimagining. I think the vast majority of the original game should be recreated as close as possible in a remake, with graphical upgrades and sound quality being the major improvements, trophies too I suppose since they don't affect gameplay. I hold the same basic feelings towards remakes in all forms of media.

I want it to be Uncharted Golden Abyss, it's a shame the game is stranded on Vita

Can anyone enlight me here, what is LoD, you know, searching in the internet doesnt help :/
Im sure when any of you respond, I will feel like an ass for not knowing/recalling this contraction.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Knitemare said:
Can anyone enlight me here, what is LoD, you know, searching in the internet doesnt help :/
Im sure when any of you respond, I will feel like an ass for not knowing/recalling this contraction.

Legend of the Dragoon.

Around the Network
Landale_Star said:
Azuren said:

Sounds like someone hates progress in battle systems.

Not really, I quite like the battle system in every FF game released so FF1-15 and many spin offs, my issue is that I don't trust Square Enix to get almost every aspect of a remake right. I realise that this is personal taste but if a remake ends up drastically different in almost every way from it's source material then I'd rather just have a brand new game. Ratchet and Clank on PS4 is an example of this, it was fine but why even associate it loosely with the first game? I fully expect Square Enix to do something similar. I'd be happy with their new battle system (assuming it's good) in a new game or even a sequel/prequel/spin-off (I loved Crisis Core).

If you want to accuse me of something then it should be that I think remakes should be a pretty faithful celebration of the original game and not a reimagining. I think the vast majority of the original game should be recreated as close as possible in a remake, with graphical upgrades and sound quality being the major improvements, trophies too I suppose since they don't affect gameplay. I hold the same basic feelings towards remakes in all forms of media.

I'm glad they're reimagining it. The Compilation and original game were a mess and needed straightening.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

spemanig said:
Azuren said:
Here's hoping for Demon's Souls.

I'd rather a port than a remake, like with Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls would benefit greatly from a revised combat system and multiplayer system.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Azuren said:

You're welcome

Now I'm Moana. Thanks Maui.

Demon's Souls would be lovely.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Aww...man. I wanted them to work on DLC.

Btw, while i would love Soul reaver, that is a squeenix property.

Quite honestly, i don't even think SotC needed a remake.

If they are gonna do it, i'd rather some PS1 classic. But, i guess that would be a workload that is different from what this studio does.

Maybe a Rogue galaxy remake would be cool. I'd love Rollcage 2 aswell.

I don't understand the Demon's souls request. That is a last gen game. It would be a remaster, not a remake.

Last edited by Nem - on 06 February 2018