By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bluepoint Games is working on the next "Remake"

With the massive amounts of acclaim that the recent Shadow of the Colossus remake is receiving, it seems like Bluepoint Games is already readying itself to tackle another remake. In a recent job listing on the company’s website (via PSU), the studio is looking to fill several positions, as Bluepoint is “preparing” for its “next remake of a classic” game.

While the studio is currently looking for a number of jobs to fill – including VFX Artist and Senior Graphics Engineer – the descriptions for the jobs all start with the same note about remaking a classic. According to the note, whatever title the team is readying to work on is anticipated by “millions” of gamers. The full note reads:

The Bluepoint team is preparing for our next remake of a classic. Want to be part of creating something special, a game millions of gamers are eagerly anticipating?

Of course, this is about as vague as you can get, as millions of gamers are likely anticipating a lot of remakes, so it’s still anyone’s guess as to what game they’re referring to. In the past, Bluepoint had usually handled various remasters, having worked on things like the God of War Collection and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, among others. Now, however, it seems like the studio is getting ready to move on to straight up remaking titles, and given how well Shadow of the Colossus seems to have turned out, it’s not a surprising move on their part.

what could it be?

https://t.co/hQzzLAlfUt?amp=1

Around the Network

Please god and/or Belzebu (whcichever who makes it possible), let it be some Legacy of Kain game.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

BraLoD said:
You proved your worthy, thou shall remake LoD now

that would be really awesome👍

Here's hoping for Demon's Souls.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

Seconded, though I would prefer a game I never played before still.

Around the Network

Please be the Ratchet and Clank Future Saga.
Most underrated games on PS3 ever.

Could they be the ones working on the Midievil game?

Fingers crossed for ICO.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Azuren said:

lol, yes, that or Spyro the Dragon 1-3.

all 3 games remade from the ground up with trophies.

This would be a long shot but GT 1-4 remake would be balls.

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

that would be really awesome👍

Would be a massive project, but they could show Square Enix how its done.

yeah, and like they mentioned...

Want to be part of creating something special, a game millions of gamers are eagerly anticipating?