By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EU voted to end Geo Blocking!!

The Fury said:

Presumable this isn't going to work with PSN or steam etc?

Currently, I think you can get Horizon Frozen Wilds for 2 Euros cheaper if a mainland member buys it from the UK store.

Please help me here.  Didn't the UK leave the EU?  Wouldn't that make it difficult to cash in on UK cheaper prices?  Or would this apply to all customers?

Around the Network
Nem said:
DonFerrari said:

From Brazil you can make acc on USA, JP and Europe without any hussle.

You can, yes. What i'm, saying is that you can't change the country of the one you already have.

AKA you lose all trophies.

And why should a legislation exist to allow you to change country on PSN? Even more when if you just want to access a different store you may just create an account over there, buy, download and use on your main acc.

konnichiwa said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, minimum wage is such an accomplishment that everyone that produces something that would be less valuable than it will get major promotions ¬¬"

Absurd is people that ignore economy for complete and beg government for their good willing and benevolent intrusion.

I don't get it, if tomorow 2 25 year olds work for my shop they will get the same €/hour and I am not going to be like 'oh you are from hungary I give you less'.

The law for most countries is like that if you hire 2 people for the same work around the same time they will get the same salary (even if one produces 2x more), that besides being ridiculous since it doesn't incentivize better payment for better employees have nothing to do with the nationality of the worker... because if you hire one in Munchen and another in Bayern they can have different wages working on different locations.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Shipping costs will still be a thing though.

Will this allow me to buy the Sonic Boom show on British iTunes when I live in the US?

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

And why should a legislation exist to allow you to change country on PSN? Even more when if you just want to access a different store you may just create an account over there, buy, download and use on your main acc.

There shouldn't be. It should just be allowed by default. Microsoft allow you to change country on an XBL account without restriction. Steam let you change the country of your account (with the caveat that you need an IP address for the country you're changing to). So why don't Sony? Because they're dicks, that's why!

Yes it can be because they are dicks, still its their service and they may do it and you as customer not accepting it not sign-in.

Ka-pi96 said:
CosmicSex said:

Please help me here.  Didn't the UK leave the EU?  Wouldn't that make it difficult to cash in on UK cheaper prices?  Or would this apply to all customers?

The UK hasn't left the EU. They've started procedures to do so, but as of now they are still an EU member.

As for the topic, while a good idea this doesn't even come close to as good as I'd like it to be. Some things not counting sucks, but it also being only for EU countries kind of makes it pointless. Would love to see a time when European/American/Japanese etc PSN, Netflix, itunes and whatnot all have the same content available for everyone at the same price regardless of region. Maybe one day.

Lot of different licenses and regulations also it make the cost lower when they limit content to regions.

When I log into crunchyroll in house using language as PT-BR I have some content available while on EN there is some different, when I log in the company (connection passthrough USA, so I have "geolocation" from there) the licenses changes and some content that I had in PT-BR won't show unless I put in EN while there will be more content in EN... so it is a lot convoluted.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

An important first step, if not groundbreaking on its own. The Internet exists beyond borders, and everyone should be able to access it freely.

The major discussion will happen surrounding digital services, which have shown more propensity for geoblocking costumers (*cough* Netflix)
Legislation for content distribution is in dire need of an update. Still interesting times.

P.S. lol at DonFerrari for trying to make this sound bad

This sounds like it has a lot to do with taxes and laws in favor of what the EU wants versus what each country within the EU wants.

Last edited by Aeolus451 - on 06 February 2018

DonFerrari said:
Nem said:

You can, yes. What i'm, saying is that you can't change the country of the one you already have.

AKA you lose all trophies.

And why shouldn't it? Europe is a union. We have a single currency and we can freely buy things in one country or the one next door without any barriers. This barrier is therefore redundant and an unecessary obstacle and us, european consumers would benefit from it being teared down.

Btw, we are talking about europe, not the whole world. Thought i'd mention because you seem to have missed the beggining of the conversation and might be under the wrong impression. 

That would actually be a welcome change.

I'm still shitting my pants over the proposed revised copyright laws they are going to push. They are proposing internet wide copyright match systems (a la youtube, and we see how well that one works... -_____-), among other asinine changes. They also had propositions for good things like a Eurpean equivalent to 'fair use', but from what I gather that has already been rejected, leaving only the absolute worst points of teir agenda to be voted on.
That vote has been delayed three times now, so they know it's not going to go over well. (*whispers* sorry for going off topic)

How was this a thing in the first place? Isn't the EU supposed to be a single market?