By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EU voted to end Geo Blocking!!

VGPolyglot said:
How was this a thing in the first place? Isn't the EU supposed to be a single market?

Because most laws were made before E- Commerce was a thing and something simple like Netflix like subscriptions were not a thing in most countries a few years ago.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
setsunatenshi said:

That's just great. It really shows the lengths anarcho capitalists are willing to go to defend their weird ass world view. The previous comments about government intervention should have been clear enough that this was the point you were trying to push. But thank you anyway for making it absolutely transparent now.

There's no common ground for discussion here

Thank for the label and name calling even if they are wrong.

name calling? wtf are you on about?

setsunatenshi said:
DonFerrari said:

Thank for the label and name calling even if they are wrong.

Perhaps in your culture this is a polite way of expressing oneself "It really shows the lengths anarcho capitalists are willing to go to defend their weird ass world view."

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
setsunatenshi said:

Perhaps in your culture this is a polite way of expressing oneself "It really shows the lengths anarcho capitalists are willing to go to defend their weird ass world view."

how is that name calling?

You are literally defending anarcho capitalism in a gaming forum. And I promise I went way out of my way to stay polite during the entire exchange here

DonFerrari said:
Final-Fan said:

So, basically, what you are saying is that it's OK for businesses that are open to the public to discriminate against certain members of the public who want to be customers based on political boundaries.  For instance, if your neighborhood grocery store charged more to anyone who lived outside the neighborhood, with no way for them to "get a membership" other than by moving to the neighborhood. 

What if your local store said "OK, members of the PSB party have to pay twice as much"—OK?  (United for Brazil coalition, I picked one blindly from Wikipedia)

What about other forms of discrimination?  "No bread for black people"—OK?  "No bread for Jews"—OK? 

For me even though it is biggotry and moronic, it's their business and if they want to lose money doing it the government shouldn't intervene... but all customers decide to stop buying there because of it, them I have no issues.

Business must be punished and rewarded by the value they bring to their customers, not by government big heads.

Well, at least you're consistent.  Your position is still horrible, but I can respect almost any political position that is put on the marketplace of ideas honestly.  In the USA, the problem is usually with the ones who present their principles and policies dishonestly that end up tricking the public into stupid things. 

And there are some countries out there so incompetent and corrupt that even though the government should normally take care of this sort of thing, it's safer to just throw them out of meddling completely.  Your views would be more reasonable in a place like that. 

(In the USA our political process is very incompetent lately, and arguably corrupt, but the actual day-to-day government is still pretty good.) 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
DonFerrari said:

how is that name calling?

You are literally defending anarcho capitalism in a gaming forum. And I promise I went way out of my way to stay polite during the entire exchange here

Sure, you should even win a medal on rhetoric, discussion and politeness from such a big endeavor.

Final-Fan said:
DonFerrari said:

For me even though it is biggotry and moronic, it's their business and if they want to lose money doing it the government shouldn't intervene... but all customers decide to stop buying there because of it, them I have no issues.

Business must be punished and rewarded by the value they bring to their customers, not by government big heads.

Well, at least you're consistent.  Your position is still horrible, but I can respect almost any political position that is put on the marketplace of ideas honestly.  In the USA, the problem is usually with the ones who present their principles and policies dishonestly that end up tricking the public into stupid things. 

And there are some countries out there so incompetent and corrupt that even though the government should normally take care of this sort of thing, it's safer to just throw them out of meddling completely.  Your views would be more reasonable in a place like that. 

(In the USA our political process is very incompetent lately, and arguably corrupt, but the actual day-to-day government is still pretty good.) 

Man, I can understand people wanting government protection and involvement. But usually the more power they hold and the more they intervene on society more harm they will do, that is because when a body or person can make decisions that greatly impact all (and mainly the interest of big companies) its easier for lobbies to approve laws that benefits they more and protect their monopolies.

I wouldn't ever deny service for someone paying or assume someone is inferior than another because of first impression on any trait of the person, but to allow government to decide what we can or not do is troublesome. So I accept as minarquist that government take care of judiciary system (based on simple and comprehensive laws, without all the loopholes to allow people to get away because of good lawyers), basic infraestructure (although some people say that collectively or some companies by their market analysis could make most of it I disagree because being something so Macro it makes sense government tax and build with population indicating their needs), police and military. I also am in favor of voucher system on education and health where emergency shall be covered by nearby hospital, but then the cost being paid on agreement, with education promoting some quota of free students for people bellow certain earning.

And I say that based on what is observable in Brazil... for example. I pay about 200USD/month (650 local currency) for the kindergarten for my child and there are some that is 100-120 even and the school can still profit from it. At the same time for same age a public school (that have 3x more kids per class, doesn't have good maintenance, etc) have the COST of 400-500 USD/month for each child. That is to much inefficiency. That is also not talking about how much money doesn't even get to the school due to corruption/robbery and also the high salaries of the overhead on the municipal administration for education.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."