By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Labo Hands-On Impressions

I cant believe people are even considering this. I dont see children having a lasting desire to play with cardboard...the demographic I'm assuming Nintendo is gearing towards.

As an adult...personally...I have zero interest and if my money is being spent for a child...it's going to something thats apparently durable.

But that's just my opinion.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Around the Network
SuperRetroTurbo said:
I cant believe people are even considering this. I dont see children having a lasting desire to play with cardboard...the demographic I'm assuming Nintendo is gearing towards.

As an adult...personally...I have zero interest and if my money is being spent for a child...it's going to something thats apparently durable.

That is an unpopular opinion here, but I agree.

Kaneman! said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

That is an unpopular opinion here, but I agree.

Well it's Nintendo. They can do no wrong...I get it. They always find a way to get me to purchase SOMETHING...but this is what it is. A cost effective business strategy that could very well pay off...considering their audience.

SuperRetroTurbo said:

My guess, based on this post, is that you don’t have children of your own.

FragilE^ said:
Durability is a non-issue. Duct tape and more cardboard. There ya go, thats a free tip.

Naw, spending 80 bucks to duck tape and use some other cardboard making it look all crappy is not something I would put my money down for.  Interesting enough my son and his friend makes things out of duck tape all the time and they love doing it but not at that cost level.  You can spend 10 bucks and get the same experience for your kid.  Labo sounds great but at that price level and the durability of the product, just isn't worth the price of admission.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 02 February 2018

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
FragilE^ said:
Durability is a non-issue. Duct tape and more cardboard. There ya go, thats a free tip.

Naw, spending 80 bucks to duck tape and use some other cardboard making it look all crappy is not something I would put my money down for.  Interesting enough my son and his friend makes things out of duck tape all the time and they love doing it but not at that cost level.  You can spend 10 bucks and get the same experience for your kid.  Labo sounds great but at that price level and the durability of the product, just isn't worth the price of admission.

Exactly. That is why you spend 10$ on the cardboard and 60$ on the software that transforms it into something unique and non-replicable.

SuperRetroTurbo said:

Well it's Nintendo. They can do no wrong...I get it. They always find a way to get me to purchase SOMETHING...but this is what it is. A cost effective business strategy that could very well pay off...considering their audience.

I know you're probably not using it insultingly, but I seriously don't understand why everyone always says this. Did people miss the entire Wii U era? Literally no one on planet earth can think "Nintendo can do no wrong" after that mess, not even the biggest fanboy. They've had way more controversies than most gaming companies, so that kind of statement just doesn't apply. 

I like the idea of Labo personally but it's certainly not because  I lack the ability to critique Nintendo. 

SuperNova said:
Machiavellian said:

Exactly. That is why you spend 10$ on the cardboard and 60$ on the software that transforms it into something unique and non-replicable.

Or I could spend 10 bucks one year, another 10 bucks another year and ..... While parents who like nice expensive gimmicks have blown hundreds in the same amount of time for the same experience.  I could not tell you how many times I have seen parents purchase a expensive toy only to see their kids get more fun out of playing with the box it came in then the toy itself.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

I know you're probably not using it insultingly, but I seriously don't understand why everyone always says this. Did people miss the entire Wii U era? Literally no one on planet earth can think "Nintendo can do no wrong" after that mess, not even the biggest fanboy. They've had way more controversies than most gaming companies, so that kind of statement just doesn't apply. 

I like the idea of Labo personally but it's certainly not because  I lack the ability to critique Nintendo. 

Well you're right..it wasn't meant to be insulting. 

What Im saying is because it is Nintendo...I and many others like me have faith and nothing but the utmost respect for the direction they take because regardless of what it is they release...they find a way to make it appealing...something Sony can arguably do.

Lets just be real. If MS released this...it wouldn't be getting as much praise. People would undoubtedly question their motive...because MS doesnt share the same respect or confidence in its customer...or in general I should say.

Spindel said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

My guess, based on this post, is that you don’t have children of your own.

No I don't but I do have plenty of younger cousins who I consider nieces and nephews that I buy gifts for.