By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

p0isonparadise said:

15 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#17 NS Neon (down 1)
#24 NS Grey (same)
#35 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 12)
#43 SNES Classic (same)
#46 XB1 Minecraft (down 7)
#54 XB1X (down 1)
#62 PS4 Pro (same)
#63 XB1 (up 1)
#94 XB1 Forza (same)
#98 PS4 Pro Star Wars (down 2)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

And with that, this will be my last update for the Amazon thread.

Simply put, I just don't enjoy doing the updates anymore. For the past few weeks updates have become a chore, and whenever I went online I'd think "Ugh, I better go check Amazon". It's really unfortunate because I used to really enjoy doing them when I started back in the fall. But the constant fighting and the lack of interest on my part has killed it for me.

Sorry for the short notice, hopefully Gribble or someone new can take over.

You did a great job. I do think we need to streamline it a little to make less of a chore like get rid of the useless bit at the bottom of what's in the top 5, top 10 etc.

Last edited by SWORDF1SH - on 25 February 2018

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
So the alleged Switch bias is just in the U.S. or globally as well? Cause Switch is the top selling hardware on Amazon in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, and the U.S.

Haven't really noticed other than the UK and US charts. 

Yeah, on pretty much all the amazons, Switch is usually the best selling console by a pretty decent margin from what I can tell.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Haven't really noticed other than the UK and US charts. 

Yeah, on pretty much all the amazons, Switch is usually the best selling console by a pretty decent margin from what I can tell.

I think UK is its weakest market but even there it's still doing well.

SWORDF1SH said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Your contributions have been very much appreciated but I stepped out for a reason, the very reason you are now stepping out. Certain people have turned this thread into a Youtube comments section and the good humoured discussions we used to have are now gone, supplanted by claims that 'what you are doing' is irrelevant. There's nothing more off putting -- and makes it seem a pointless endeavour -- than people using other charts to prove Amazon wrong, anecdotes to prove Amazon wrong while completely ignoring the incredible accuracy it's shown over the years. It makes you feel as if you're wasting your time. I felt like I was wasting my time too, and by the way these threads now play out, it IS a waste of time. 

Thanks again.  Let the monkeys have their zoo.

Who exactly, said it was useless?

1 is quickrick who keeps hoping Switch will have a small lead on NPD so Amazon is wrong (Where HE thinks that Switch will have a massive lead because there is a huge gap between the Switch to the PS4/XB1) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Does anyone know if there's a way to download the VGC hardware data for the past few years?

I'm looking for an .xls or .csv dump, for a project that should hopefully make these threads...less contested.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Who exactly, said it was useless?

1 is quickrick who keeps hoping Switch will have a small lead on NPD so Amazon is wrong (Where HE thinks that Switch will have a massive lead because there is a huge gap between the Switch to the PS4/XB1) 

I don't think he was that harsh on Amazon. He has the same opinion as me that the NPD gap would be smaller than what Amazon represents. The opposite to you saying that Switch was dominating. They're both opinions and we have to accept other opinions. 

I've been very vocal about the bias theory also but I think the Amazon charts are fantastic. I've been following them for years.

Megiddo said:
Wait. Why are people saying that Switch and PS4 are about even worldwide? That is not even remotely true.

Based on this site's estimates it's PS4-1.3 million & NSW-1.0 million in the first 4 weeks of the year.

Or we can look at both companies shipment forcasts for this quarter, both are expecting in the 2.5-3 million range.

So yeah it looks like PS4 & NSW are doing pretty similar to start out 2018.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Being 300k down after one month is not similar. That's almost 25% lower than PS4.  Europe is still a Sony stronghold. Switch needs to compete more there or take a much larger hold of the NA market in order to stay par with PS4 globally.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 25 February 2018

Megiddo said:
Being 300k down after one month is not similar. That's almost 25% lower than PS4.

Sure it is, also lets not ignore that most of that difference comes from just the most recent week due to the MH boost.

NSW vs PS4

Week 1-374k vs 370k

Week 2-230k vs 264k

Week 3-214k vs 257k

Week 4-226k vs 403k

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If Nintendo and Sony forecast are right, then Nintendo is gonna outship PS4 this quarter, since both company expect:

NSW - 2.88 million
PS4 - 2.50 million

Of course is not like final numbers will be like this, but personally i don't expect PS4 to outship Switch...