By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. February bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

tbone51 said:

I disagree with this. Legs are key smo/mk8d/botw all did 300k+ there in the UK already with a couple of games selling good.

Well, I was more referring to launch than overall sales. Switch software in the UK tend to have a slow start, falling below peoples expectations. Many expected Super Mario Odyssey to have a 100k debut, but it ended up being 25k below that, the legs on it are incredible though and pushed it to 300k+. It was still a slight disappointment at launch, but i'm not saying that it still is.

So I agree, legs are very important, I think even more so in the UK than any other market for Nintendo. 

Hopefully Bayo shows off some sexy legs next week.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 23 February 2018

Around the Network
Shaqazooloo0 said:
tbone51 said:

I disagree with this. Legs are key smo/mk8d/botw all did 300k+ there in the UK already with a couple of games selling good.

Well, I was more referring to launch than overall sales. Switch software in the UK tend to have a slow start, falling below peoples expectations. Many expected Super Mario Odyssey to have a 100k debut, but it ended up being 25k below that, the legs on it are incredible though and pushed it to 300k+. It was still a slight disappointment at launch, but i'm not saying that it still is.

So I agree, legs are very important, I think even more so in the UK than any other market for Nintendo. 

Hopefully Bayo shows off some sexy legs next week.

Bruh, Mario Odyssey sold like 90k in UK at launch lol. I don't think i saw many people predicting 100k, actully most people were predicting in the 70-80k range, so it beat expectations.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Bruh, Mario Odyssey sold like 90k in UK at launch lol. I don't think i saw many people predicting 100k, actully most people were predicting in the 70-80k range, so it beat expectations.

Yeah, im probably wrong on that one, i'm trying to find where I remember the 75k and no luck. Can you link me to the proper numbers please?

I don't know whether it was here or resetera where I saw people saying the debut was below. Resetera had a few but that seemed to be a minority, so oops my bad ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Bad example on my part.

SWORDF1SH said:
Xbox temporary price cut is in full effect. Could Xbox actually take the month?

I think so.  The combination of the price, PUBG and Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Witcher 3 style WRPG that does extremely well on Xbox consoles, the game is already at 1 million after two weeks) will cause the Xbox 1 to come out on top.

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#15 NS Neon (same)
#23 NS Grey (up 1)
#41 XB1 Minecraft (up 1)
#42 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#44 XB1X (same)
#47 SNES Classic (up 3)
#53 PS4 Pro (up 3)
#58 PSVR Skyrim (down 6)
#62 PS4 Pro Star Wars (up 3)
#67 XB1 PUBG (same)
#71 XB1 Forza (up 2)
#77 XB1 (same)
#82 XB1 Madden (down 4)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
Nothing at the moment

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 6 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Around the Network

Huh.
Microsoft might actually take an NPD.

PAOerfulone said:
Huh.

But... they're almost 30 spots behind 1 Switch SKU.

Unless by "take" you mean "not last", which still seems a little hard.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
PAOerfulone said:
Huh.

doesn't really matter, last month xbox was way behind on amazon, and it seems  ti was very close to switch, if these sales give it a nice boost, and the same trend continues from jan, microsoft has a great chance.

Slarvax said:
PAOerfulone said:
Huh.

But... they have 6 different SKUs in the top 100, whereas Sony and Nintendo, combined, have 5, (6 if you want to count the SNES Classic).

PAOerfulone said:
Slarvax said:

But... they have 6 different SKUs in the top 100, whereas Sony and Nintendo, combined, have 5, (6 if you want to count the SNES Classic).

For like 2 days of 23.

Let's see how the rest of the month pan out.