By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4/XBO/NS - 2017 vs. 2018: Final Results!!!

Barkley said:
Will be difficult to keep up with 2017 to start with, as it had a phenomenal early year, but 2018 can regain some ground in the holidays, which were 2017's weak point.

First half 2018 is no slouch. We already have had quite a few good titles, and there are quite a few more on the way.

PSVR has been very impressive so far this year. GT Sports updates keep bringing new cars to enjoy. We had Pierhead Arcade, which is a great time. Sprint Vector has arrived, and now this week we have Moss. Then next week we get Crisis on the Planet of the Apes VR. Also have VR Homerun Derby coming from MLB Advanced Media in the next few weeks. 

PS Vue is growing and they are pushing hard to make sure they have the absolute best Live TV, DVR, and On Demand Video service on every platform. The expereince on PS4 is well above even Cable and Satilite now, and continues to get better. This will continue to move PS4's as people adopt the service and word of mouth spreads. 

I don't think Sony is going to have to try very hard to beat 2017. All they have to do is keep dropping the games they have announced, keep improving the OS, and keep delivering the best services possible. If they do that word of mouth and momentum will keep them going. Basically the only way they should see 2018 fall short is if they mess it up somehow.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I am excited to see how these years compare. 2018 looks to have a strong line up, I think it may do 22-25 million by the end.

Jabba89 said:
I am excited to see how these years compare. 2018 looks to have a strong line up, I think it may do 22-25 million by the end.

Everybody is :) 2017 was all good but 2018 has the possibility to outsold it.

Please be above.

Week 6 Numbers have been added and 2018 juuust barely squeaks out the win against 2017. This was also the week when Shadow of the Colossus was released.

2017 sales spike in the next two weeks, so let's see how 2018 fairs.

Week 7 Numbers have now been added, with 2017 nearly cutting 2018's lead in half as the Monster Hunter effect in Japan is beginning to wear off.

Around the Network

Looking forward to seeing God of War week numbers, maybe 500k global?

Time for some new numbers!

Week 8 (Feb. 24th) numbers have been added. Another big win for 2017 as it utterly obliterated 2018's Monster Hunter-charged lead in just a matter of 2 weeks.
It will be interesting to see in Week 9 if 2018 can pull back ahead or if 2017 will retake the lead.

PAOerfulone said:
Week 8 (Feb. 24th) numbers have been added. Another big win for 2017 as it utterly obliterated 2018's Monster Hunter-charged lead in just a matter of 2 weeks.
It will be interesting to see in Week 9 if 2018 can pull back ahead or if 2017 will retake the lead.

2017 will take the lead until God of War releases and there is a price cut.

Week 9 (March 3rd) numbers have been added and the Monster Hunter boost has run out as 2017 has regained the lead over 2018.