By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360:PS3 GTA4 worldwide sales prediction

Just a question : why do you think it will be a better rise in the Hardware PS3?

I understand for Europe (thanks to the bundle) but why in NA (bundle too in USA? )

Around the Network

when i say a hardware boost, i don't necessarily mean more hardware than the 360, but it will see at LEAST a bigger rise percentage. i say this because i still believe that alot more people are planning to get this on a playstation than an xbox, but that's just my opinion.

See when talking about GTA you must think at least 1 year to the future if not two, this damn thing will sale for a long long time.

Given 360 current weak state and PS3 continued momentum its hard to say. PS3 has plenty games that will bring in new users, when they buy the PS3 GTA is likely their other game purchase. Another question what console will the former PS2 GTA fans choose.

360 should have a early lead due to USA, but it will deteriorate due to PS3s Euro sales and gaining NA sales and overall WW sales.

360 1.5-1 early on
down to 1.3-1 after a few months.
near 1.1-1 by 09

It`s like 5 mln. PS3 vs 12 mln. x360 in USA.
That a pretty BIG difference. =)

In Europe, of`course GTA4 will sell better on PS3. =)
While in USA.. there definetely won`t be PS3 GTA bundles in USA? =))
Then, it will be like 60% : 40% in favour of x360 in USA, and like 55% : 45% in favour of PS3 when USA+Europe. =]

Anyway, only 4 weeks left + 6 weeks till NPD data. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I don't it will b pretty close but I think 360 will come on top. The PS3 pack will really boost sales though.

Around the Network

The only numbers I really trust are North America, United Kingdom, Australia, and Japan. Basically when you total everything else it can be off by hundreds of thousands if not millions in the case of a very large releases so it's going to be hard to compare the numbers with anything but a huge grain of salt.

Legend11 said:
The only numbers I really trust are North America, United Kingdom, Australia, and Japan. Basically when you total everything else it can be off by hundreds of thousands if not millions in the case of a very large releases so it's going to be hard to compare the numbers with anything but a huge grain of salt.

For example I'm starting to get skeptical of the PS3 making up huge numbers of sales in mainland Europe when many of those markets don't really move a whole lot of games, certainly nothing comparable to the United States.

I hate to break it to you but financially right now Europe ( Mainland + UK) is a much better market for console makers than NA. The reason being the falling dollar with eats console makers profits like mad....( sometime I feel like I'm getting paid in monopoly money these days...)

Mainland europe moves software close to the same rythm as US, the issue is there are 26 Millions of console out in NA compared to little over 18 Millions in Others.

This past week you have 3.84 Millions units of software sold in NA, compared to 2.5 Millions in Others.

So basically  1.5 more software sold in NA where there are 1.4 times more consoles.

Seems sales are pretty similar to me.... 

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

My previson are around 1.5 ratio by end of 2008, I believe the ratio will be higher in favor for the 360 the first month but then slowly it will decline toward 1.5, maybe 1.4...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

USA: 7-4
PAL: 4-5

2:1 everywhere for XBOX360

3:1 America

1:1 Europe