By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch to the Highest Power.

How much will Switch Online cost ?

$69.99 1 5.88%

$59.99 2 11.76%

$49.99 4 23.53%

Please keep it Free to play 10 58.82%

Total:17
mZuzek said:
sabastian said:

Nintendo has a crazy habit of creating a stir every now and then. Most times its earthier with their weird game consoles, controllers and sometimes even with their classic games being full priced even after being released years prior.

So Nintendo is wrong to charge "full price" for their consoles and controllers? Because they're Nintendo, I assume?

Come on, you have to do better than this. I understand the "underpowered" argument but the Switch is a new product (cheaper than either PS4 or Xbox One at launch), and it's portable. Its controllers are also very high quality - personally I'd say the Switch Pro is the best controller I've ever tried, honestly -, so it makes no sense to complain about their price.

Classic games being overpriced, sure I'll give you that. They should definitely be cheaper, especially some of the more throwaway titles. That said, it is possible with the Nintendo Online Service, those games will be cheaper as a result.

It's also about the only good thing I'm expecting from it, really. Nintendo has already shown they are incapable of creating a decent online ecosystem, they were taking baby steps with the Wii U but amazingly the Switch managed to get worse at it. At least, as others have said, it'll be much cheaper than Live or PS+, so, yay I guess?

But what they charge now for the pro controller is more than full price, while not having things like analog triggers and headphone jack/bluetooth connectivity. Only $10 overpriced, but still overpriced.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

None of those, it's 19,99... which I'll gladly pay if it means better quality!

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

mZuzek said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's hard for me to look at a conglomerate company, with a console like Switch which is selling faster than any piece of dedicated gaming hardware in human history and who's profits are soaring and who's total worth is in the billions... and not think it would be easy enough to eat what costs are involved in an online infrastructure. Surely they'd still be able to turn a profit.

Well the Switch is already quite bad with online from a hardware perspective (no ethernet port, bad wi-fi and all), but I assume they could dramatically improve things with software... but they won't, really. Just look at this. https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/ Read through it. Doesn't it sound amazingly awful? I mean sure they've yet to announce some stuff, but I can't help but be shocked at just how bad that service is turning out to be. We've been playing Nintendo games online for free for well over a decade, it's absurd that now they're gonna charge for a system that is not an upgrade in any way.

Yes, it is absurd imo. They're just doing it because they can. 

this has been confirmed for months. it will be $19.99 per year

$99.99 a month. It comes with a free frogurt!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
sabastian said:

Nintendo has a crazy habit of creating a stir every now and then. Most times its earthier with their weird game consoles, controllers and sometimes even with their classic games being full priced even after being released years prior.

So Nintendo is wrong to charge "full price" for their consoles and controllers? Because they're Nintendo, I assume?

Come on, you have to do better than this. I understand the "underpowered" argument but the Switch is a new product (cheaper than either PS4 or Xbox One at launch), and it's portable. Its controllers are also very high quality - personally I'd say the Switch Pro is the best controller I've ever tried, honestly -, so it makes no sense to complain about their price.

Classic games being overpriced, sure I'll give you that. They should definitely be cheaper, especially some of the more throwaway titles. That said, it is possible with the Nintendo Online Service, those games will be cheaper as a result.

It's also about the only good thing I'm expecting from it, really. Nintendo has already shown they are incapable of creating a decent online ecosystem, they were taking baby steps with the Wii U but amazingly the Switch managed to get worse at it. At least, as others have said, it'll be much cheaper than Live or PS+, so, yay I guess?

Still more expensive than either of those consoles today. Not sure why launch price matters when the PS4 and X1 launched 4 years ago, and are more capable consoles. As for their controllers, the Switch Pro controller is nice, but it certainly isn't any nicer than the PS4 controller at almost half the price. The Pro controller is easily $20 more than it probably should cost, but in terms of Switch Accessories, it's one of the least overpriced compared to its value. The most overpriced Switch accessory is clearly the dock. They charge $100 for that when it costs them no more than $20 to put in retailers hands.

As for Nintendo's online ecosystem, so far it's extremely extremely lacking. Like, not even worth $20 lacking. Now, I've only been using it to play Splatoon 2, but I'm not excited to spend $20 on something that I don't even like to use when it's free.

BraLoD said:
$599

For that price I want a Giant Enemy Crab Amiibo at least.

freebs2 said:
BraLoD said:
$599

For that price I want a Giant Enemy Crab Amiibo at least.

You get an unopened box of vintage 1987 Cherry Clan candy!

Hoping it will be £20 in the UK. That would be a steal.

mZuzek said:
acdcste said:
Hoping it will be £20 in the UK. That would be a steal.

What are you stealing, though?

Technically nothing but in relation to psn price that would make me happy.