By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch to the Highest Power.

How much will Switch Online cost ?

$69.99 1 5.88%

$59.99 2 11.76%

$49.99 4 23.53%

Please keep it Free to play 10 58.82%

Total:17
mZuzek said:
acdcste said:

Technically nothing but in relation to psn price that would make me happy.

I didn't mean technically, I meant it as figuratively as you did. Nintendo Online for $20 might be a "steal", but by the looks of it it's as if you were stealing a load of crap.

I hope I'm wrong though, of course.

Well you can say they are stealing you.

Mr.Playstation said:
I hope that if this is successful, it will lead Sony and Microsoft to release a "Downgraded" version of their subscription services.

For what reason Sony and MS with like 50% userbase buying full price would release a downgrade? Sony already know that when the online is free and all the rest is what is paid the subscription to the paid is minimal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
acdcste said:

Technically nothing but in relation to psn price that would make me happy.

I didn't mean technically, I meant it as figuratively as you did. Nintendo Online for $20 might be a "steal", but by the looks of it it's as if you were stealing a load of crap.

I hope I'm wrong though, of course.

Not really sure why you’re making an issue out of what I said here? Move on mate.

SpokenTruth said:
Chazore said:
$20 for now, but I can more than easily see it rising over the next 5 years. I'm not paying for the £20 now, and likely never when it rises.

Why would it rise?

You think it'll stay £20 forever?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Where is $20 on the poll.

I don't see any way that either Sony Or MS lowering the price of their online services.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:

You said 5 years.  Not forever.

Again, why would it rise during the Switch lifetime?

Yes I did, and now I'm asking for beyond 5 years. I'm not even talking about the console's lifespan either on this note.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

mZuzek said:
DonFerrari said:

He was talking about full price for the games years after they are released, which only Nintendo really do.

...which they do because their games continue to sell. Companies lower prices because they want to keep sales going, Nintendo games don't always need price drops because they have legs (it's also exactly why the Switch will remain $300 for a long time).

No one was claiming otherwise. But you were complaining why Nintendo was the only one not allowed to sell full price, while in fact the point is the opposite, but you would defend Nintendo on both accounts.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SpokenTruth said:
Chazore said:

Yes I did, and now I'm asking for beyond 5 years. I'm not even talking about the console's lifespan either on this note.

Let's go back to the beginning.

Chazore said:
$20 for now, but I can more than easily see it rising over the next 5 years. I'm not paying for the £20 now, and likely never when it rises.

Why will it rise over the next 5 years?

wow so we're nailing me to the ground with the original point eh?.

Let's change it instead; do you think the Switch online price will stay the same, even after the Switch is done and dusted?.

SpokenTruth said:

It's called not letting you move the goal posts.

That said, I never indicated in any manner that the cost would not change after they ditch the Switch.

No I know how you want it answered, I just disagree with what you're likely to come up with.

I'm simply asking if the price will stay the same. We've seen the other two change theirs over time, as they added different features to their own subs. It's a bit naive to think that Ninty will add tons more features to their sub, yet only asking for £20 seemingly forever (because we may as well roll with that since we're time sensitive). 

SpokenTruth said:

Over the course of the Switch's lifetime, that fee is unlikely to change.  The $20 per year will cover the added services.  Consider that from Wii, DSi, 3DS and Wii U that they never charged more with increased services....they never charged at all.

Yeah, but with time the added new services will likely seep in and cause an increase in cost, like the other two have had over the years. It's still too early to say that they will never increase the charges. There has been plenty of other services out there, non console related that have upped their charges with time. Nintendo will not by the only service in the world that won't change at all.