By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 20 day rumor of a Nintendo Direct coming after a Direct mini is false; I think we deserve a big direct soon.

What rumour?

All I remember is some speculation from people who hadn’t heard anything. That’s different from a rumour.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
It's not a rumour lol just an observation of a trend that was going on and was clearly real.
Doesn't mean there will never be a Direct close to a mini direct anymore.

I just think it will be wether February or literally on the anniversary of the Switch, March 3rd, to talk about numbers, future for online and VC, and games announcements.

I mean, we all know there should be one soon since they can't announce games for May/June on their annual April direct cause it's too close or even worse at E3.
I also expect them to push Bayo 2 and Kirby a bit more, we didn't have a proper trailer for Bayo 2 from Nintendo of America and it's coming in 2 weeks. Kirby is coming in a month and a half and I think it is still laying low too.

So I think a Direct during first week of Feb to push Bayo 2's hype and announce big games for the rest of the year would be a great idea.

To me, maybe they didn't wanted the Labo announcement to be flooded by other announcements so they gave it a free space to be on the news which worked incredibly well and trended everywhere. This week was the week of financial reports, which were amazing numbers, so Nintendo probably wanted these headlines to talk about themselves for a while and not being flooded by a Direct and announcements. So in that sense, I think we can expect it next week and it would also work with the rumours.

Mmm yes I like your logic! I was thinking there could be a direct near the investor meeting as Nintendo has done that in the past, but I'd forgotten that in the past those investor meetings never have good news. The coinciding direct was there to soften the blow, but that's not needed nowadays. I still have doubts in the February direct, as their line-up through the spring is already stacked and I wouldn't expect them to talk about the second half of the year until April, but screw it I'm a believer!

Jumpin said:
What rumour?

All I remember is some speculation from people who hadn’t heard anything. That’s different from a rumour.

Who decides if a rumour is a rumour? Is their a checklist? 

I dont mean it in a bad way. Just clearify when a rumour is considered as a rumour.

We did get the Labo presentation. I always looked at that as the "follow-up" Direct.

I thought the rumor was that there will be a February direct. The 20days started only because the furthest amount of days we ever had was the 20th day.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Pagan said:
Jumpin said:
What rumour?

I dont mean it in a bad way. Just clearify when a rumour is considered as a rumour.

Its a rumor when you hear it from a source = Reliable or not. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

There were rumours from a source who accurately leaked the Direct Mini and the follow-up Labo announcement that there would be a February Direct. Plans change, of course - but I think it's in Nintendo's best interests to give people a solid idea of what their 2018 line-up looks like.

Pagan said:
Jumpin said:
What rumour?

Dictionaries.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

i have the theory that we will have a nintendo direct by the end of next week, and that they will announce south park for switch.

if the rumours about fractured but whole is comming on switch on march 13th, like we heard a couple of weeks ago,and since they are releasing stick of truth on february 13th on ps4 and xbox one. that's higly suspicious that ubisoft didnt want to put this on switch. they are the third party dev that is probably the closest to nintendo right now, and they have good sales number with their games on switch.

they might use a direct to announced it, and that direct must be before february 13th. they will announced both games one month appartso that you can get the first one and having time to complete it before the second one.

Last edited by Marach - on 01 February 2018

People should calm down with clamoring for Directs and announcements. There's plenty of good games on the Switch to use as time sinks especially with eshop getting strong indie support. No need to expect a Direct every two months especially if Nintendo doesn't have much ready to announce or push.