By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 20 day rumor of a Nintendo Direct coming after a Direct mini is false; I think we deserve a big direct soon.

This rumor is now false as it has been 20 days since a Nintendo Direct mini/micro.  (1/11/18-1/31/18) There would've been an announcement this Monday if there were to be a Nintendo Direct today.

(My thoughts): Hopefully we get a good direct SOON as we still have no information on 2018 confirmed games like Fire Emblem & Yoshi, or big third party games because with all the business praise Nintendo is getting there still seems to not be many big 3rd parties hopping on the Switch, or online features like browsers, YouTube, voicechat, or My Nintendo coins being compatible with Nintendo Switch... because right now I believe the Switch is still lacking in some departments nearly 1 year after launch. 

"In a thread by reddit user Natzore, it was noted that the time between each Direct Mini and the subsequent “standard” Direct has never been more than 20 days. In instances where there were consecutive Direct Minis, the date was taken from the last one.

A table Natzore added to their post showing the time between the Minis and full Directs is below:

Direct MiniFollowing DirectDistance in days
July 18, 2012    July 30, 2012   12
September 7, 2012   September 13, 2012   6
October 3, 2012   October 4, 2012   1
November 27, 2012   December 5, 2012   8
December 19, 2012   January 8, 2013   20
April 1, 2013   April 3, 2013   2
July 18, 2013   August 7, 2013   20
October 29, 2013   November 12, 2013   14
November 14, 2013   November 27, 2013   13
June 1, 2015   June 14, 2015   13
November 2, 2016   November 5, 2016   3

"

https://www.vg247.com/2018/01/12/next-nintedo-direct-soon-every-direct-mini-so-far-has-been-followed-by-a-full-one-in-the-next-few-weeks/

Around the Network

It wasnt a rumor, it was a trend.

The rumor is just February, no specific date.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Last i heard, the rumor was mid February and would feature Fire Emblem, Yoshi & Dragon Quest XI.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't understand. Why would you want to know what releases come to a console? Like, what? Why don't you just want them announce a week in advance? Would you rather have a game announced four years before it's release and get delayed, or a month before it's release? I, for one, would choose the latter.

Why not just wait for E3?

Around the Network

''The next direct will be -insert month here-'' eventually people will be right

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I heard a rumor there'll be another Direct sometime in 2018. Don't have a day, but it's sometime during that timeframe, according to my Luigi Board.

It's not a rumour lol just an observation of a trend that was going on and was clearly real.
Doesn't mean there will never be a Direct close to a mini direct anymore.

I just think it will be wether February or literally on the anniversary of the Switch, March 3rd, to talk about numbers, future for online and VC, and games announcements.

I mean, we all know there should be one soon since they can't announce games for May/June on their annual April direct cause it's too close or even worse at E3.
I also expect them to push Bayo 2 and Kirby a bit more, we didn't have a proper trailer for Bayo 2 from Nintendo of America and it's coming in 2 weeks. Kirby is coming in a month and a half and I think it is still laying low too.

So I think a Direct during first week of Feb to push Bayo 2's hype and announce big games for the rest of the year would be a great idea.

To me, maybe they didn't wanted the Labo announcement to be flooded by other announcements so they gave it a free space to be on the news which worked incredibly well and trended everywhere. This week was the week of financial reports, which were amazing numbers, so Nintendo probably wanted these headlines to talk about themselves for a while and not being flooded by a Direct and announcements. So in that sense, I think we can expect it next week and it would also work with the rumours.

I believed on it too. But seeing the postive reactions on media about Switch and its Software sales, it is better to do it another time so they can have tonnes of advertisements from the media

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Just be patient :p

I really hope Nintendo doesn't pull off another Direct with literally no prior notice though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]