By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Vgchartz update to the numbers given by Nintendo?

Because there is a bit of a gap between their shown numbers, and Mario Odyssey no?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Nintendo just posted those numbers.Machine has finally acess to the tools that allows him to update the numbers on a more timely fashion.Give them time.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Of course not. What do you think this is? Some kind of sales charts site?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You have to take into account that Nintendo's numbers are shipped + digital and the numbers from VGChartz are sold-through with no digital sales included.

Nintendo's number includes digital though and is shipped, right? So the VGC number for the same timeframe should be lower.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

The software numbers are difficult to adjust since Nintendo makes no distinction between digital and retail, whereas VGChartz does. Hardware numbers should be easy to fix, though.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

There has been some dispute whether or not Nintendo's Numbers are sold to customers or just sold to retailers (shipped).

I have always understood those numbers on their quartly reports to be shipped, but quite a few people have remarked that Nintendo has changed to sold to customers.

Anyone have insight on what is going on here?

Did they change anything? Any phrasing on the reports?

trent44 said:
There has been some dispute whether or not Nintendo's Numbers are sold to customers or just sold to retailers (shipped).

I have always understood those numbers on their quartly reports to be shipped, but quite a few people have remarked that Nintendo has changed to sold to customers.

Anyone have insight on what is going on here?

Did they change anything? Any phrasing on the reports?

You are correct, its shipped and always has been.

For some reason people cant figure that out despite them always reporting shipped quarterly numbers since before this site existed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Switch has gone from 12.3 to 12.9 on the homepage. Hope that’s going to increase again!

SpokenTruth said:
acdcste said:
Switch has gone from 12.3 to 12.9 on the homepage. Hope that’s going to increase again!

13.1 million now.

Exciting times indeed!