By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

Those Switch numbers. Just.. wow.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
CGI-Quality said:

Sold-through (which is to consumer). I just finished up my research.

CGI-Quality said:

Nah, you had it right the first time. I just needed to be sure. I added the "through" part so people could better understand it vs sold-in (shipped to retailer).

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Nope, it clearly says "shipped" and not sold. I know Nintendo fans love to jump on positive news like a starving person would on a steak with salad and fries but the fact is "shipped" and "sold" is not the same thing. Unless it sold everything it shipped but then Nintendo would have said "sold" and not shipped. The numbers are good for the Switch of course but no need to jump the gun.

Okay, so I did my research and apparently CGI-Quality came to the conclusion that the numbers were sold through. I could not, however, verify whether he was a starving nintendo fan jumping on a steak with salad and fries. The results of my research were inconclusive on that front. 

Lol. Not sure why Crazygamer has that angry sound to it

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If Switch has the longevity to get all the way to 100+ million then Odyssey not only has the potential to be a 20 million seller but yet another 30 million seller. I don't see any future Switch game outselling it. No not even Pokemon or Mario Kart 9.

Last edited by newwil7l - on 31 January 2018

I'm not a fanboy or something like that, i just want to use this gif :P

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

GameXplain certainly didn't take very long!

Around the Network

Err... These numbers aren't sold to consumers.

Consolidated sales does NOT mean sold through to consumers.

These numbers are shipped, as the numbers in Nintendo's site have always been for both hardware and software for years.

So heavily undertracked on here then.

i think its shipped too. nintendo announced 10m sold as of december 10th. its highly unlikely they sold over 4m within 3 weeks

nintendo planning to ship 17.76m by march 31st. how many have they shipped by december 31st if they did indeed sold 14.86m?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-42885803

Being reported as sold