By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

CGI-Quality said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

In 9-10 months? That's huge

Against the Wii U - not really (at least, not in my eyes). It was a slow burner and just didn't take off. Against it, there's nothing that I see as major and beating it should be easy for nearly any console.

But the majority of consoles have not sold that many units in 9-10 months...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Barkley said:

But the majority of consoles have not sold that many units in 9-10 months...

Yes, selling that much in 9-10 months is huge. Beating the Wii U, no matter the timeframe, to me, is not.

Oh, well the timeframe is the entire reason why this is a milestone.

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:
Imagine if the Switch goes this route

Wii U outsold in 2017
GC and N64 outsold in 2018
N64 and SNES outsold in 2019
Nes outsold in 2020
3DS and possibly GBA outsold in 2021

I think that's all doable. N64 in 2018 would be the hardest.

Not relly, Switch at 31. March will be at around 18m, and Nintendo said they are expecting to ship around 20m in FY 2018, so it would need to ship around 15m Q3, Q3 and Q4 of 2018. (for comparision in 2017. Switch sold around 12-13m in that 3 quarters).

Miyamotoo said:
Barkley said:

I think that's all doable. N64 in 2018 would be the hardest.

Not relly, Switch at 31. March will be at around 18m, and Nintendo said they are expecting to ship around 20m in FY 2018, so it would need to ship around 15m Q3, Q3 and Q4 of 2018. (for comparision in 2017. Switch sold around 12-13m in that 3 quarters).

Eh I didn't say it wouldn't happen, I said it would be the most difficult out of the ones he listed. Which do you think is the most difficult then?

Im so confused, they say for the 9 months ending 31st december they have sold 12 million. 9 months ending 31st Dec would start April woudnt it? So is 12m +2 mill launch or did they make a mistake and mean 10 months ending 31st December?

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Miyamotoo said:

Eh I didn't say it wouldn't happen, I said it would be the most difficult out of the ones he listed. Which do you think is the most difficult then?

Agree, Switch will probably pass GC numbers with Q2 sales (April-June), and N64 with Q4 sales.

As myself, I see great future for Switch

Nogamez said:
Im so confused, they say for the 9 months ending 31st december they have sold 12 million. 9 months ending 31st Dec would start April woudnt it? So is 12m +2 mill launch or did they make a mistake and mean 10 months ending 31st December?

They shipped 12.13 million in the 9 months of this fiscal year.

Add 2.74 million from last fiscal year and you get 14.86 million total.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Nogamez said:

They shipped 12.13 million in the 9 months of this fiscal year.

Add 2.74 million from last fiscal year and you get 14.86 million total.

Oh right was that shipped figures too. Ok makes sense

VGPolyglot said:
Nautilus said:

Only the original versions?Around one million each.Nintendo never listed them in their reports because they only list the top 10 selling first party games, and only mention sales of titles under that if the sales are impressive, which X sales werent(even if it did sell well).

I wish we had more concrete numbers than that.

They are as concrete as they will get.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1