By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

tbone51 said:
Pinkie_pie said:
its shipped https://www.dualshockers.com/nintendo-shipped-14-86-million-switch-units-2017-predicts-17-74-million-march/

Basically sold as well i mean sell outs!! Sold is definitely over 14mil imo and as s of end of jan 15mil+

It’s sold once it’s shipped. I know people here say some are on shelves but that’s irrelevant to Nintendo. If they’ve shipped 14.8m then those are sold to retailers. Either way it’s undertracked on here by quite a margin.

Around the Network
JSG87 said:
fatslob-:O said:
What's the sell through ?

14.86 million. If the 10 Million said on 10th December was Total since launch then they sold and extra 4.86 million in 3 weeks.

My guess would be that Europe is severely undertacked on vgchartz.

Wait what ? 14.86 sold through consumers ? 

That's impossible holy molly. It would crush the first year sales record by a lot.

15m sold by now practically assured. I wonder if Switch was quickest to 15m too?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Fantastic numbers! :)

This probably means the switch has ~14m sold through.

I'm a little dissapointed with Zelda and ARMS numbers, as I had hoped to see those a little higher. Splatoon 2 too, actually. But Mario is an absolute beast and Xenoblade over 1m is great news!

It's a shame they don't update Zelda WiiU numbers. It probably hasn't sold that much over the initial ~1m, but I'm curious nonetheless.

so sold to retailers counts as overall sales now huh? vgc tracks sold to consumers regardless so it shouldn't be altered to this new figure if it is sold to retailers

amazing sales either way, and Mario is even bigger than expected. I thought the 20m prediction thread was ridiculous but who knows, it doesn't have much competition at the start of this year, so I imagine it will remain the main game most people by the console with until next holidays. Maybe it can get there after all

Around the Network
acdcste said:
bubblegamer said:
Not bad at all, but the title is misleading.

It isn’t. Shipped to retailers is sold. Really that simple.

Yes shipped is sold, but it is not "sold-through" so yes title is misleading.

Barkley said:
acdcste said:

Take it up with CGIQuality. Imo this has gone on too long by the usual suspects. The title stays for now until I hear or see otherwise.

Looks like i was right about Europe being undertracked.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Barkley said:
acdcste said:

Agree, only problem in headline is "sold-through" instead sold.