By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch has sold-in (shipped) 14.86 million, 3DS 72 million, Nintendo's FY 2017 Nine Months Earnings

acdcste said:
VGPolyglot said:

How much did the other Xenoblade games do?

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Xenoblade

Those are based on physical sell-through estimates though, rather than shipment details, so they can't be compared on a 1:1 basis.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
acdcste said:

Those are based on physical sell-through estimates though, rather than shipment details, so they can't be compared on a 1:1 basis.

There sold as far as Nintendo are concerned but I accept your point.

acdcste said:
VGPolyglot said:

There sold as far as Nintendo are concerned but I accept your point.

I know that, but I meant VGChartz, not Nintendo.

VGPolyglot said:
forest-spirit said:
So Xenoblade finally breaks the 1m barrier. Very nice to see.

How much did the other Xenoblade games do?

All I know is that neither was ever listed as a million seller by Nintendo.

Very odd to see a console this succesfull with 50% of all its decent games being Wii U games and still Wii U managed to sell less after so many years. It's like software doesn't determine the success of a console anymore. Whatever suits gamers these days I guess. Glad Nintendo and third parties are making some money.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:
Very odd to see a console this succesfull with 50% of all its decent games being Wii U games and still Wii U managed to sell less after so many years. It's like software doesn't determine the success of a console anymore. Whatever suits gamers these days I guess. Glad Nintendo and third parties are making some money.

So, do you think there's 2 or 4 decent games on the system?

Does anybody know how much the WiiU version of Breath of the Wild sold?

Valdney said:
Does anybody know how much the WiiU version of Breath of the Wild sold?

Less than 2.16m. I guess that's all we know.

I think we learned it surpassed 1.2m around may/june last year? But I might just be making that up.

HintHRO said:

Its not odd at all, Wii U had some huge problems, and actual lack of games in 1st year was one of them, Switch didnt had one single problem that Wii U had.

VGPolyglot said:
acdcste said:

No Xenoblade release has ever been listed by Nintendo as a 1 million seller and what data we could get put both the original and X just under the 1 mil mark, somerwhere in the 900 thousands.  And while these numbers for 2 are likely shipped, given it hit that in a month, 1 mil sell through is for all intents and purposes locked in.