By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Diddy Kong Racing sequel incoming? David Wise working for Nintendo

I am starting to think that is more of a possibility. I remember a lot of people wanted a sequel to this close to when DKC:TP and there were some rumours swirling around as well. Personally, if it had to be DK related I was hoping for Retro's take on a 3D DK game. I am also worried about the reception a Diddy Kong Racing game would get in the gaming community.

Metroid33slayer said:
Anything donkey kong related is good, I wish nintendo would milk him as much as mario.

Well that gave me some terrifying imagery...I need to poke out my mind's eye now.

Around the Network

If my memory is correct, Retro hired the composer from Deus ex. But I do think they are capable of working on two projects.

I dont care what they are designing but if my mate Davey boy is making the music then it'll have the coolest soundtrack again

Startropics by Retro i feel would be amazing, 3D Donkey Kong would be good too.

Also, seeing that no-one has mentioned it, could it possibly be that Donkey Kong racing game, that was cancelled early in development for the gamecube?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Would make more sense than a new DK game so soon after a DK TF port.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I'm sure its already been said, but I didnt read the other posts. Would be funny if all these years Retro was just making another DK game or Diddy Kong Racing and got everyones hopes up for a big project

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I don't think we're getting a DK Racing sequel any time soon. Too redundant as of now, better fill the gaps on the Switch's library, then bring the older titles.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Haines said:
If my memory is correct, Retro hired the composer from Deus ex. But I do think they are capable of working on two projects.

Was about to say this.  Alexander Brandon and David Wise made their names composing for completely different types of games/genres so it wouldn't make much sense to have them work on the same project.  That makes me think that David Wise is either working on new songs for new Tropical Freeze content or, like you suggested, a second game from Retro.

Since Metroid Prime is being made by someone else, there is only one game (other than a new IP) I hope they are working on. Mario Odyssey and Yooka Laylee have me romanticizing my childhood and needing more of those fun quirky 3d adventure games. I NEED Donkey Kong Switch (sequel to DK64). I want all the dialogue back, all the music, all the plot progression. As much as I loved DKCR and DKCRTF for their gameplay, music, and art style, they had horrible stories. DK64 and Banjo had great stories (and great doesn't have to mean super serious, just means they did what they meant to do well, which was be funny and quirky) and I want DKS!!!

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't think we're getting a DK Racing sequel any time soon. Too redundant as of now, better fill the gaps on the Switch's library, then bring the older titles.

On the other end it justify Nintendo for not releasing a brand new Mario Kart on their system for the first time since the Snes.