By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Octopath Traveler demo surpasses one million downloads, improvements, more.

I REALLY want a Remake for Chrono Trigger and FFVI using this engine, it's Gorgeous!

Square Enix has announced that the Project Octopath Traveler demo has been downloaded over one million times. Additionally, the survey has recorded more than 45,000 responses.

Today, Square Enix released a brand new video for Project Octopath Traveler in which the developers explain how the game has been improved. These include a fast travel option, graphical adjustments, a radar, UI changes, a skip function for event scenes, and more. Watch the full video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAukVbwTxQ

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I have yet played the demo, and I feel really bad about it Dx

I did recently finish XC2, so perhaps I can make room for this soon...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Nice to see them incorporating player feedback to improve the experience.

While the game itself isn't my cup of tea, it looks like it should be a treat for fans of old school JRPGs, and Switch can always use more quality exclusives.

That's a lot of downloads.

Great news. I suggested skipping cutscenes myself. I died before the boss of Primrose's story, and had to sit through the entirety of that long scene before it again. It was far more tedious than it ever should have been, considering how good the demo had been up to that point.

Around the Network

I just want a release date already!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Just as well a skip function was the first improvement they did.

Some of those developers kind of sound like they weren't allowed to leave their desk for a week, until all the issues were fixed, lol... They all seem very invested/attached to the project, which is nice to see.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I'm really looking forward to this game even though I still don't have a Switch. Great to see all those improvements they're making.

That's quite a lot of downloads for a demo... I guess? I don't remember download figures for demos ever being reported before. I downloaded it as well and I've yet to actually play it thoroughly.

On another note, I'd also enjoy a CT and FFVI remake, just not using this engine.