By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VR Story time: How I saved a stranger from the VR Hate

Chazore said:

TV has been around for decades and there are still people on this planet who don't care for it. People who don't care for mobile phones, people that don't care for PC's or consoles etc.

There are many things in this world that not 100% of the world's population care for.

Your classification is also biased and flawed btw. 

Yeah there might be 0,1 % of the people that dislike VR just like 0,1 dislike phones and Tv, alright.

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
DonFerrari said:

baning trolls is a bad reason? And here I thought trolling was against rules.

@OP all Hail Habam the saint saviour of VR.

And who determines who's trolling and who genuinely has no interest in VR? Since you have no real way to tell if someone has or hasn't used it, I'd like to know what criteria you're going to use.

Seriously, this whole "persecuted VR community" thing is starting to get really old.

If you can't see trolling when it happens you certainly won't be a good mod.

And you have simple ways to see if someone had real experience with VR, gamertag with their trophies

habam said:
zorg1000 said:
Anybody else wanna make predictions of when Habam will get permapanned for spamming VR like Kaizer did for 3D?

as long as their is a mod that cant afford a VR headset yet its likely to happen pretty soon, im sure. If all mods had Vr headset/the chance to try the tech at least without getting motion sick, there would be a 0% chance.

BTW, this is not spam. But it doesnt matter obviously, if you talk about stuff a mod cant afford, you get banned. Its understandble

Haven't seem any mod banning because of his lack of income.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

habam said:

Yeah there might be 0,1 % of the people that dislike VR just like 0,1 dislike phones and Tv, alright.

No, that's not how it works, and your math is also off.

You're acting the same as you were last time with me, where you deny reality and deny the fact that not everyone likes what you like. 

At this point I'm more convinced that you're just going to keep acting this way to get people mad on purpose with how you deny facts/reality. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

halil23 said:
First thing first, it "saved" not safed.

I want to be a mod so I can ban all fanboy trolls that dishing VR, cause clearly they never tried it.
And that motion sickness excuses, I get motion sickness in some games but ain't hating! (I even get motion sickness from just looking at my phone while on cars, bus, planes. And don't get me started with fishing on boats...)

You mention how you guys give handy tips on how to avoid motion sickness, enlighten me will ya!!

How about us that diss VR and did try it? Because I played a few PSVR games for about an hour and they made me physically ill, so I hope you can understand why I don't like VR and never want to touch it again. PSVR: all the fun of the motion sickness.

DonFerrari said:

Well I was banned the past 2 days because arguing with people about vr is considered "flaming" here. Take not, nobody of the VR haters (that actually flamed alot worse", attacked me pesonal just because i talked about vr and so on) got banned or even moderated at all. But it is how it is, i accept the mods and if they dont want me here nor dont want positive vr talk here ill just go to other forums. At least I gave my best to enhance people gaming life by telling them about the future of gaming

Around the Network
Medisti said:

How about us that diss VR and did try it? Because I played a few PSVR games for about an hour and they made me physically ill, so I hope you can understand why I don't like VR and never want to touch it again. PSVR: all the fun of the motion sickness.

Yeah its basically well known that people that diss VR never tried it or got motion sick.

Motion sickness in VR is very common, i bet 80-90% of all people would feel sick if they play VR for the first time and start with a game with tons of movement. Thats why you should usually start with more stationary games first to get used to vr over time.

I do understand those people though. Handling motion sickness is not easy and some research need to be done.I got terrible motion sick in Driveclub VR first time playing VR as well, almost sold that thing and if I had, I would probl no be one of the guys that diss VR just because of that. Luckily I havnt and adepted to VR so im not getting sick anymore (took 2-3 weeks to adept to it).

Now I try to help other people to enjoy VR the same as I (and many others) can do. All benefits of VR without motion sickness => best gaming life.

habam said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I was banned the past 2 days because arguing with people about vr is considered "flaming" here. Take not, nobody of the VR haters (that actually flamed alot worse", attacked me pesonal just because i talked about vr and so on) got banned or even moderated at all. But it is how it is, i accept the mods and if they dont want me here nor dont want positive vr talk here ill just go to other forums. At least I gave my best to enhance people gaming life by telling them about the future of gaming

Which post got you banned?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

habam said:
Medisti said:

Yeah its basically well known that people that diss VR never tried it or got motion sick.

Motion sickness in VR is very common, i bet 80-90% of all people would feel sick if they play VR for the first time and start with a game with tons of movement. Thats why you should usually start with more stationary games first to get used to vr over time.

I do understand those people though. Handling motion sickness is not easy and some research need to be done.I got terrible motion sick in Driveclub VR first time playing VR as well, almost sold that thing and if I had, I would probl no be one of the guys that diss VR just because of that. Luckily I havnt and adepted to VR so im not getting sick anymore (took 2-3 weeks to adept to it).

Now I try to help other people to enjoy VR the same as I (and many others) can do. All benefits of VR without motion sickness => best gaming life.

That raises a follow-up question. If 80-90% of people try something and it's extremely likely they'll feel physically ill from doing so, how likely do you think they are to ever try it again, or that medium to become successful?

habam said:
CladInShadows said:

And who determines who's trolling and who genuinely has no interest in VR?

I dont think this exist honestly.

In my expierence there are 3 groups of people.

1. Owns VR or tried vr and didnt get motion sick => is at least interested in the technology

2. Tried VR but got motion sick, might has FOMO => hate

3. Never tried VR, might has FOMO, just watched videos of VR games => hate

...and you've just proven my point.

Azuren said:

Which post got you banned?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8705661