By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony patents reveal new Motion like controller

Conina said:
COKTOE said:

! Here's hoping that stays in the patent abyss. Half of a dual shock in each hand would be legendarily terrible.

Why exactly? I tried it with a DualShock4 in each hand and it was comfortable besides the weight distribution. Every stick and button was at the right place. With two halves the weight distribution & total weight should be fine.

Of course you would separate the halves only for motion controlled games and stick them together for other games.

I suppose I would have to try it to confirm, but it looks unwieldy to me. Not nearly as good as the one in the op. Button manipulation on half of a dual shock seems like it would be inferior for example. Even just holding it looks awkward.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

pretty cool, looks like the features from the navigation unit built into the move itself.

Don't forget that little guy, he had the analogue stick to go with the original ps3 move.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

kinda looks like something you'd need for a flight sim.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

About time. When Morpheus was first being talked about I said the controls should resemble the Razer Hydra:

Assuming this is for PSVR2, it would kinda dash the hopes of a 2-in-1 DS5 though, keeping the barrier to entry a bit higher than perhaps necessary. =/

Kind of reminds me of my Vive controllers.

Around the Network

Well, it seems interesting and I like that Sony is still committed for PS5+PSVR2. Making both launch together and offering cheap bundle is good

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TallSilhouette said:

About time. When Morpheus was first being talked about I said the controls should resemble the Razer Hydra:

Assuming this is for PSVR2, it would kinda dash the hopes of a 2-in-1 DS5 though, keeping the barrier to entry a bit higher than perhaps necessary. =/

Lol---totally forgot about those. Still have one of those lying around. Never really used it at all. But I agree...they layout is indeed pretty nice!