By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter World is the most viewed game on Twitch

vivster said:
Kerotan said:

Mean nothing? So it's not like good publicity or anything? Riiiiight. 

The series is getting way more hype this launch then ever before and this metric is just another that proves that. All without a pc release anytime soon aswell. 

Yes it means nothing. The most popular streamers are multi game streamers. People tune in to see them play games. It doesn't matter which game it is. So it might give the game some publicity and it might not. That's why it means shit. They will play the game for a few days and then move on. Every single high profile game goes through the same cycle. Only very few are actually popular enough to stick.

MHW and any other freshly released game does not get high views because people are actively searching for it or want to tune it, it's because multiple streamers pick up the same game at the same time because it's the latest hot thing. The majority of the people watching won't even consider buying it. The only publicity going around is for the streamers and not the game.

I disagree. The game will clearly get a boost in sales from all the publicity. Especially if its good. 91 meta critic. It definitely has a chance. 

Around the Network

The game has sold alot for sure. Even on psnprofiles.com it has over 7k players already.

And its basically just trophy hunters 

So what exactly is Twitch? I've seen it advertised on my Amazon Prime, but i've never checked it out.

I guess people just wondering, what the heck is Monster Hunter and why all the sudden everyone talks about it. Or because this one is the easiest one for the newcomers.

Kerotan said:
vivster said:

Yes it means nothing. The most popular streamers are multi game streamers. People tune in to see them play games. It doesn't matter which game it is. So it might give the game some publicity and it might not. That's why it means shit. They will play the game for a few days and then move on. Every single high profile game goes through the same cycle. Only very few are actually popular enough to stick.

MHW and any other freshly released game does not get high views because people are actively searching for it or want to tune it, it's because multiple streamers pick up the same game at the same time because it's the latest hot thing. The majority of the people watching won't even consider buying it. The only publicity going around is for the streamers and not the game.

I disagree. The game will clearly get a boost in sales from all the publicity. Especially if its good. 91 meta critic. It definitely has a chance. 

The review score will boost it 10 times more than all stream views combined. Streams only make an impact on small games and not gigantic AAA ventures. Stop treating MH as if it was a tiny indie niche game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The other side of the coin is, it's somewhat sad that what they needed for a breakthrough in popularity was a home console release, with all its graphics etc...

I am looking forward to getting into the series though, just a little bit later.

Wasn't Sea of Thieves the most viewed like a day or two back. Yeah, these things are meaningless.

vivster said:
Kerotan said:

The review score will boost it 10 times more than all stream views combined. Streams only make an impact on small games and not gigantic AAA ventures. Stop treating MH as if it was a tiny indie niche game.

In this day and age review scores are far less important to streaming views compared to the past. This is the new age. 

I've enjoyed it so far, a little bit confusing, clunky, but overall fun. it's my first ever MH so didn't know what to expect.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

OTBWY said:
Wasn't Sea of Thieves the most viewed like a day or two back. Yeah, these things are meaningless.

Yeah. This entire thread was pointless, Within 10 minutes of it been created CS: GO was #1 on Twitch and basically doubling Monster Hunter Worlds viewers.