By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo End of Jan. Investor Discussion Prediction Thread

3DS - 71.50 million
Switch - 14.55 million

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon - 5.40 million

Super Mario Odyssey - 7.35 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 6.70 million
Breath of the Wild - 6.60 million
Splatoon 2 - 4.85 million
ARMS - 1.75 million
1-2-Switch - 1.60 million
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 1.00 million

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

No delays or new games will be announced, that's for sure.

As for my predictions:

Switch total shipments - 14.3 million

BOTW Switch total shipments - 6.3 million

MK8D total shipments - 6.7 million

Super Mario Oddysey total shipments - 5 million

Splatoon 2 total shipements - 4.7 million

I think my predictions are sorta reasonable, but I didn't dig for the data that could make them more accurate (NDP announcements, and I know Nintendo France has said some stuff, + BUI sales awards.

I think I'll be within a margin of +- 500k on all though

Really? xD Wanna bet on you being at least 2m off with your Super Mario Odyssey prediction?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Doesn't Nintendo usually like to have Directs around investor meetings? That's the main thing I'm hoping for.

Last quarter we were at 7.63 shipped.

March-September - 7630K (shipped)
October-December we know the following:
NPD ~2596K (Sell Through)
Japan ~ 1522K (ST)
France ~511K (ST)

That's 12.26M.

I'm going to assume that the most of the shipped number from last report were sold so guessing anything less than 14M would be very surprising, at least to me.

RolStoppable said:
Switch hardware - 14.1m
Breath of the Wild - 6.2m
Mario Kart 8 - 6.1m
Splatoon 2 - 4.6m
1-2-Switch - 1.7m
ARMS - 1.6m
Super Mario Odyssey - 5.3m

I don't think any other Nintendo-published title crossed 1m, but Pokken and Xenoblade 2 should get there eventually. Mario+Rabbids should be above 1m, but is published by Ubisoft in most of the world.

Im surprised you dont have Switch hardware higher, i think it will be much closer to 15 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I predict they will discuss Labo quite a bit in the presentation.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Switch: 14 million shipped. 3DS: 72 million shipped

Software: (Shipped + Digital)
Super Mario Odyssey - 8.3 million
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 7.2 million
Breath of the Wild - 7 million (Depending on how the Wii U version did, they may announce, here, that Breath of the Wild is now the best-selling Zelda game of all-time.)
Splatoon 2 - 5.5 million
1-2 Switch - 2.1 million
ARMS - 2.01 million
Pokken DX - 1.15 million

If Xenoblade 2's legs in Europe were really good than it should also be over 1 million, but I wouldn't bet on it. That one's a 50/50.

14 million Switches sold, or at least very close to that. We might get an announcement, but not a full blown Direct. BotW, Odyssey and MK8Deluxe will reach the 7m sold. Also another delay for their online service.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

15m Switches shipped
SMO;- 7.5m
BOTW:- 7.4m
MK8D -7.2m
Splatoon 2:- 4.9m
ARMS:- 2m
1-2 Switch:- 2.1m

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Doesn't Nintendo usually like to have Directs around investor meetings? That's the main thing I'm hoping for.

Im pretty sure they have done that before, so it's quite possible.