By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 3): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 15-21, 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, 2 weeks in a row for PS4 :O

Switch number 1 selling Hybrid though!

Around the Network

Get your shit together and start shipping 100k/week Nintendo! hahaha

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

ABizzel1 said:
Hopefully PS4 continues to do well there, and sales overall pick up. The console market is dying in JP, and the PS4 needs to succeed to save that region of developers, for western audiences, otherwise it might be mobile / handheld only.

As usual the Switch is doing very well, and 3DS still holding on.

Wrong. The console market is growing in Japan actually, in part thanks to the Switch and to some extent PS4.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
stevechan said:

That's what I said bro.

But you edited bro.

That's because I forgot the word "bro" when I submit my post, lol

Jranation said:
Anyone know the reason why Nintendo can't fixed the Switch supply issue?

They didnt plan ahead, for success.
What happend is it sold better than they thought, and theres a shortage of memory chips & LCD (apple took a large portion).
That was the rumor back in april. Its probably still plagueing nintendo.

Basically apple is fighting Nintendo, for LCDs & memory chips, and makeing iPhone's instead of nintendo makeing Switch's.

The "only" fix is to wait it out, Nintendo are being cheap, and arnt willing to pay more than Apple, to get parts.
So most of the sales go to apple, beacuse their supply chain power is bigger & they order in bigger quantities.

LipeJJ said:

Kinda hard to make Switch's if your missing parts needed to manufacture them with.
Apple is f***ing them, by buying large amounts of the same parts Nintendo needs.

Even if production should be up in 2018, its still probably a issue for them.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 January 2018

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Woah, 2 weeks in a row for PS4 :O

Next weeks nrs will have the MH launch too, and those MH bundled PS4's sales.
So its probably gonna take another 2 weeks of wins as well.

tbone51 said:
Zelda botw beating FFXV when? Coming soon ;P

Don't count on it yet, Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition releases in March. It's bound it get a surge, unless you don't count it. 

Nice to see PS4 taking the lead for a few weeks, keeps things interesting. It will be short lived, I know :P

think-man said:
tbone51 said:
Zelda botw beating FFXV when? Coming soon ;P

Don't count on it yet, Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition releases in March. It's bound it get a surge, unless you don't count it. 

Count it! BotW aint scared :p

JRPGfan said:
Jranation said:
Anyone know the reason why Nintendo can't fixed the Switch supply issue?

They didnt plan ahead, for success.
What happend is it sold better than they thought, and theres a shortage of memory chips & LCD (apple took a large portion).
That was the rumor back in april. Its probably still plagueing nintendo.

Basically apple is fighting Nintendo, for LCDs & memory chips, and makeing iPhone's instead of nintendo makeing Switch's.

The "only" fix is to wait it out, Nintendo are being cheap, and arnt willing to pay more than Apple, to get parts.
So most of the sales go to apple, beacuse their supply chain power is bigger & they order in bigger quantities.

LipeJJ said:

Kinda hard to make Switch's if your missing parts needed to manufacture them with.
Apple is f***ing them, by buying large amounts of the same parts Nintendo needs.

Even if production should be up in 2018, its still probably a issue for them.

Nintendo fans rally, and stop buying Apple :P