By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 3): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 15-21, 2018

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

And that's exactly why Nintendo wanted to ship everything they had for holiday season and December and pritorites that over January shipments. Sales can be good for January sales or despite its January, you cant say they are nothing Switch sales after 24. (December assuming) are nothing special because you don't know that, we only have Japanese sales with huge stock problems.

its nots switch only, its for every console dude, people waste all there money on gifts, and thats why January is a slow month for consoles. anyway this is not going any where we''ll know soon enough if my theory is correct. everything is digital now so nintendo sees sales in real time, and ship accordingly, we will find out soon enough.

I know that January is always slower month and of course they will much weaker compared to December, and like I wrote: "sales can be good for January sales or despite its January".

Around the Network

Surely shortages indicate higher prior shipments, not lower ones!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

its nots switch only, its for every console dude, people waste all there money on gifts, and thats why January is a slow month for consoles. anyway this is not going any where we''ll know soon enough if my theory is correct. everything is digital now so nintendo sees sales in real time, and ship accordingly, we will find out soon enough.

I know that January is always slower month and of course they will much weaker compared to December, and like I wrote: "sales can be good for January sales or despite its January".

Ps4 not following this logic this January in Japan. 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Holidays were weak for it and jan has MH. Makes sense for ps4 atm

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

I know that, just pointing out it isn't fact what he's saying. It's not so black and white. 

And if switch had stock in January in Japan its numbers would be huge. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

I know that, just pointing out it isn't fact what he's saying. It's not so black and white. 

I was more agreeing with you

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

I was more agreeing with you

Same

peachbuggy said:

that makes 0 sense. vgchartz which i believe is accurate is using mostly official data since it's out shows switch sold through 12.2 million by the end of 2017, you're saying if they shipped 14.5-15  million for 2017 there would shortages after the holiday period, ok...

quickrick said:
peachbuggy said:

that makes 0 sense. vgchartz which i believe is accurate is using mostly official data since it's out shows switch sold through 12.2 million by the end of 2017, you're saying if they shipped 14.5-15  million for 2017 there would shortages after the holiday period, ok...

Yeh, i'd take those numbers with a huge sack of salt. I believe Nintendo was planning to ship 14m before 31/1/17 so as there's shortages then the figure is likely higher, as shortages indicate not much in the channels. I'll wait for Nintendo's report, thank you. 

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

PS4 sales this January will be exception because it getting one of biggest Japanese IPs in January.

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Fact is that in almost all cases December is stronger than January, few exceptions are possible but that really dont change hole picture.

Offcourse that numbers would be bigger without stock problems, but that goes also for December, so December would be stronger than January in any case for Switch, and I actually wrote that sales in January can be good for January sales or despite its January.