By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sales of Nintendo Labo

I am trying to predict the sales of CARDBOARD! How can anyone predict the sales of this properly? I can't find any real precedent in gaming history. I am predicting blind here. Anyway I am going to lowball it for now.

3 million this year.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

It's catering towards younger crowd. But at $70 it's affordable. I think they'll sell 2 million plus.

curl-6 said:

Want to bet? Winner gets to choose the loser's sig for a month.

Sure, why not. I will not be surprised if it blows by that mark, though. Especially looking at how 1-2 Switch did.

super_etecoon said:

This is a bold prediction! Is it based on a hunch or a desire?  And what would your second guess be?

Because I'm skeptical of the concept. I see zero appeal of it, but I imagine that's why I don't belong to Nintendo's audience.

But then, Nintendo says it wants to market that to young children, right? That opens some questions. How many little kids own a Switch? How many Switch owners are going to buy it for their kids? How many Switch owners are going to let kids play with their Switch, risking it to be broken? And lastly, why would you play with cardboard if you have tons of better games to play?

That's why I prefer lowballing the number. It could not sell high numbers, although I won't be surprised if it sells anywhere between 3-5 million. Anything more and Nintendo are geniuses for earning oodles of money on cardboard.

Are they taking a loss on shipping since they could be using all the boxes as Labo too??

I think it'll sell 5m+

Kaneman! said:
curl-6 said:

Want to bet? Winner gets to choose the loser's sig for a month.

Sure, why not. I will not be surprised if it blows by that mark, though. Especially looking at how 1-2 Switch did.

super_etecoon said:

This is a bold prediction! Is it based on a hunch or a desire?  And what would your second guess be?

Because I'm skeptical of the concept. I see zero appeal of it, but I imagine that's why I don't belong to Nintendo's audience.

But then, Nintendo says it wants to market that to young children, right? That opens some questions. How many little kids own a Switch? How many Switch owners are going to buy it for their kids? How many Switch owners are going to let kids play with their Switch, risking it to be broken? And lastly, why would you play with cardboard if you have tons of better games to play?

That's why I prefer lowballing the number. It could not sell high numbers, although I won't be surprised if it sells anywhere between 3-5 million. Anything more and Nintendo are geniuses for earning oodles of money on cardboard.

Okay cool; I bet Nintendo will sell over 1 million Labo kits. (As in, the kits that contain the game + the cardboard, not including replacement cardboard) You bet it won't. Winner chooses the loser's signature for a period of 1 month. Sig must remain within VGChartz's rules.

Around the Network

100 billion copies.

Oh, I'm sorry, there's a few extra zeroes and a typo in the second word.

1 million copies.

Either
400k first week
2 million lifetime

Or

600k first week
9 million lifetime

Several millions. First week and month sales are gonna be very important. I don't think it will have the same legs as other Nintendo IPs. It'll tank as soon as news outlets and ads top talking about it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ask me three months after it releases.

10 mil could do!

Switch!!!