By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - All who plans to buy MHW Come NOW!!!!!!(Not available in Europe ):-(

NoCtiS_NoX said:
KLXVER said:
People seem to be very excited about this franchise now. Is it because it looks much better? I mean its still Monster Hunter.

Beta is awesome and have a great feedback from those who tried it old and newcomers alike.  
Streamers from the fan of the series also helped the excitement from newcomers. 

Also, this is the first time MH will not be using PS2 assets. First MH that's on par with current Gen Graphics so I am not surprised by the excitement from MH fans. So yes one of the reason is it looks way way better from the PS2 assets from previous MH. 

collint0101 said:

I feel like this series has just as much potential to evolve and move forward on the switch as it does on the PS4. I mean we're simply no longer at the point where handheld tech is huge generational gaps behind home consoles. It really is a shame that Capcom was short sighted enough to skip the switch with this one. 

Just one thing to point out PS5 and the next XBox will be coming either 2019 or 2020. There will be a huge gap again in terms of Graphical prowess and power. 
Also, Capcom is not short sighted. It's a business decision where Switch is not part of that equation because the platform doesn't exist outside Nintendo.
From Capcom itself. 

"We don't have any plans for the Switch at the moment. 
Part of the reason is that the title has been in development for almost 4 years. At the time we had to commit to our hardware choices, we decided on using the most powerful current generation consoles available at the time, which was Playstation 4 and Xbox One. So [the decision was made] before the Switch was even announced or on sale.

It's also because for every title we decide what the best fit for hardware is for the concept. We don't just look at everything. It's more like “if we want to achieve this kind of game concept, where's the best place to achieve that?” and for this title the Playstation 4 and Xbox One were the best fit for us."

You said it best at why they skipped the Switch.Hopefully we will see a port.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

Do you still have it on your HD?

I do, actually, but I'm in constant fear of losing it to corruption.

Hopefully Konami decides to make it available again otherwise they're just encouraging piracy.

AlfredoTurkey said:
KLAMarine said:

But digital is so convenient!

The time it takes me to switch a game is about 25 seconds. I think I can put up with 25 seconds of effort without having a stroke.

Yeah but sometimes I'm just feeling horribly lazy.

Going to use this on my god of war pre order

I will. But not anytime soon.

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

I do, actually, but I'm in constant fear of losing it to corruption.

Hopefully Konami decides to make it available again otherwise they're just encouraging piracy.

AlfredoTurkey said:

The time it takes me to switch a game is about 25 seconds. I think I can put up with 25 seconds of effort without having a stroke.

I think we all do but come on man. There are grave, real world, all-jokes-aside consequences for being too lazy though.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
People seem to be very excited about this franchise now. Is it because it looks much better? I mean its still Monster Hunter.

graphics whore? :P

AlfredoTurkey said:
KLAMarine said:

I think we all do but come on man. There are grave, real world, all-jokes-aside consequences for being too lazy though.

Like not playing the game you want to play.