By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - All who plans to buy MHW Come NOW!!!!!!(Not available in Europe ):-(

AlfredoTurkey said:
REDZONE said:

Wanting to win what exactly?For it to do well?Of course we want it to do well,cause many people including myself refuse to buy it on a handheld.If the game wants to evolve it needed to be on a home console.

But if sales continue to lag on home consoles, it won't have that chance (at evolving).

Based on the Beta and the pre-orders I think we can already say that it's going to sell really well on those consoles.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
People seem to be very excited about this franchise now. Is it because it looks much better? I mean its still Monster Hunter.

Its not held back by a handheld anymore.

No more zoneing, its all seamless, so it feels like 1 big place... instead of waiting for loading screens, and area's not feeling connected between zoneing.
Theres more to do with the enviroment, ledges to fling yourself from to land on monsters backs, pits & traps to lure them into, plant spore based boosts, ect.
Monster Behavori and AI are vastly improved, and how they interact with one another, and the world, players ect.

The list goes on and on.
in short its the best Monster Hunter has ever been, gameplay wise, and looked.

Azuren said:
I prefer physical. It'd need to be 50% off for me to buy digital.

But digital is so convenient!

halil23 said:
Is it hard to mention "NA only" in your title?! Got excited for nothing!

But it's not NA only.But I added not available in Europe.

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

It is, but P.T. was a bit of a wake-up call for me concerning whether or not I own something.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
irstupid said:

Yea I think this is the excitement for a new series they think they will like. (with a hint of fanboyism of wanting to win as well)

Reminds me of the excitement of Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. People excited about it being on a home console and thinking it will blow up and be awesome and no more shitty handheld. Well it didn't' blow up sales and many, myself included, found out that the monster hunter franchise is not for me.

Wanting to win what exactly?For it to do well?Of course we want it to do well,cause many people including myself refuse to buy it on a handheld.If the game wants to evolve it needed to be on a home console.

I feel like this series has just as much potential to evolve and move forward on the switch as it does on the PS4. I mean we're simply no longer at the point where handheld tech is huge generational gaps behind home consoles. It really is a shame that Capcom was short sighted enough to skip the switch with this one. 

Last edited by collint0101 - on 23 January 2018

Azuren said:
KLAMarine said:

It is, but P.T. was a bit of a wake-up call for me concerning whether or not I own something.

Do you still have it on your HD?

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

Do you still have it on your HD?

I do, actually, but I'm in constant fear of losing it to corruption.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

KLAMarine said:
Azuren said:

The time it takes me to switch a game is about 25 seconds. I think I can put up with 25 seconds of effort without having a stroke.

KLXVER said:
People seem to be very excited about this franchise now. Is it because it looks much better? I mean its still Monster Hunter.

Beta is awesome and have a great feedback from those who tried it old and newcomers alike.  
Streamers from the fan of the series also helped the excitement from newcomers. 

Also, this is the first time MH will not be using PS2 assets. First MH that's on par with current Gen Graphics so I am not surprised by the excitement from MH fans. So yes one of the reason is it looks way way better from the PS2 assets from previous MH. 

collint0101 said:
REDZONE said:

I feel like this series has just as much potential to evolve and move forward on the switch as it does on the PS4. I mean we're simply no longer at the point where handheld tech is huge generational gaps behind home consoles. It really is a shame that Capcom was short sighted enough to skip the switch with this one. 

Just one thing to point out PS5 and the next XBox will be coming either 2019 or 2020. There will be a huge gap again in terms of Graphical prowess and power. 
Also, Capcom is not short sighted. It's a business decision where Switch is not part of that equation because the platform doesn't exist outside Nintendo.
From Capcom itself. 

"We don't have any plans for the Switch at the moment. 
Part of the reason is that the title has been in development for almost 4 years. At the time we had to commit to our hardware choices, we decided on using the most powerful current generation consoles available at the time, which was Playstation 4 and Xbox One. So [the decision was made] before the Switch was even announced or on sale.

It's also because for every title we decide what the best fit for hardware is for the concept. We don't just look at everything. It's more like “if we want to achieve this kind of game concept, where's the best place to achieve that?” and for this title the Playstation 4 and Xbox One were the best fit for us."