By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Labo is neither niche nor bait nor a simple cashgrab

ArnoldRimmer said:
pokoko said:

They should have added a ton of accessories so you could customize and make it actually look cool.

I believe that's what the additional 15 Euro "customization kit" is for, which contains a few stickers.

It even has stickers with letters, so one can stick one's name on it. Unfortunately, it seems like you would need three of these customization kits for your name "pokoko", for every customization kit seems to contain every letter just once.

I see.  Well, then, that's another 1/2 star deduction for lameness.  That last "ko" is really important.

Around the Network

Im only interested in Labo because of the octave piano and im curious if it Will include synth or other posibilities.

pokoko said:
ArnoldRimmer said:

I believe that's what the additional 15 Euro "customization kit" is for, which contains a few stickers.

It even has stickers with letters, so one can stick one's name on it. Unfortunately, it seems like you would need three of these customization kits for your name "pokoko", for every customization kit seems to contain every letter just once.

I see.  Well, then, that's another 1/2 star deduction for lameness.  That last "ko" is really important.

You could just leave out the first "ko".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's as embarrassing as the worst casual, waggle inducing bullshit we saw during the Wii era. Whether it sells now or not, it's going to be a joke in a decade when we look back at it.

"Remember when Nintendo got people to buy cardboard toys for $80.00?" they will say and everyone will laugh.

progstarmac said:

Im only interested in Labo because of the octave piano and im curious if it Will include synth or other posibilities.

You could always just, you know... buy an actual keyboard. I assure you, its synth possibilities will be far greater than that of the cardboard, Labo variety.

Around the Network

I don't think it's gonna appeal to anyone but young boys. Because of that, its success depends on if they like it or not. It may do alright.

AlfredoTurkey said:
progstarmac said:

You could always just, you know... buy an actual keyboard. I assure you, its synth possibilities will be far greater than that of the cardboard, Labo variety.

Yes, youre correct. 

Aeolus451 said:
I don't think it's gonna appeal to anyone but young boys. Because of that, its success depends on if they like it or not. It may do alright.

Actually, i think the robot kit is more aimed toward boys and the other kit more aimed at girl. having a little house that you can play with it and color the walls and roof ? yeah my daugther is going to be nut about that...

on another note, i think labo may well have more impact on the long run than we think. forget the cardboard, what is important is that they use the switch technology to interract with the player in a way nopbody have imagined before. now i'm sure that some indies devs have ideas poping up after seing this, and other maybe major studio that saw this and someone somewhere will find a way to use it for a new game, or a new peripheral more complex and with more appeal to older gamers.