By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One year later, how do you feel about Resident Evil 7?

Tagged games:

What do you think of RE7

A triumph in every way! 15 53.57%

What an Outlast rip off! 2 7.14%

The old games were better. 3rd person 4 Lyfe! 6 21.43%

I haven't played it. 5 17.86%

Total:28
twintail said:
Still need to play it. worried about getting motion sickness from VR though.
any tips?

also... how does the DLC work? which is free and which isnt? what order should they be played ?

I own a lot of VR games and only one gave me a headache-- Here They Like.

Resident Evil 7 has a ton of motion options but somehow they figured out how to do smooth movement without having to "warp" you from place to place. Given the option, I'd say buy the complete edition with all of the DLC--though it took me maybe a week to beat the standard game and I personally felt like it was a full experience.

Around the Network

The first 'Act' in the house was a masterpiece and really showed where 75% of the effort went into the game. After you can tell it was rushed. But my god was that first Act unbelieveable.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

A good game, but very forgettable. It didn't set the world on fire like RE4, nor sold like RE5, but at least it isn't a mess like RE6. Maybe the survival horror genre is not popular anymore.

Definitely return to form. It's not a perfect RE game, but it's a good step after 5 and 6. I think the enemies could use some work. I remember watching a video that made a good point about black-ish disfigured things aren't really all that scary. The Baker family were definitely a strong part of the game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I really enjoyed it. One day I might play it again, this time in VR. I hope it doesn’t give me motion sickness.

Around the Network

A borderline heart-attack inducing game when played in VR.

A truly fantastic experience on VR. I thought motion sickness was gonna be my fear on not enjoying it, but i was so wrong! The true fear is the game!!! Im so accustomed to horror games but, resi7 VR is something else. Had chills and sweat all over my body. Magnificent and despite the 1st person camera, a TRUE return of resident evil back to it's roots. Loved it.

twintail said:
also... how does the DLC work? which is free and which isnt? what order should they be played ?

There's approximatedly eight pieces of DLC in total: Nightmare, Bedroom, 21, Daughters, Ethan Must Die, Jack 55th's Birthday, End of Zoe and Not a Hero.

Of those, the heavy story-related are Daughters, End of Zoe and Not a Hero. Nightmare, Bedroom and 21 tell the story of a particular character that does show up in the main story, but they aren't as crucial, and play a bit different. Ethan Must Die and Jack 55th's Birthday are extra modes, for fun.

Only Not a Hero is free. All the other content must be acquired throught the Banned Footage DLC (there are two of these), and End of Zoe is purchased separatedly as well.

Every single one of these should be played after beating the main game. Since most of these aren't directly related, any order you want is good enough. The only thing that follows a succession is Nightmare -> Bedroom -> 21.

For me, RE7 was scary as hell. I'll admit that I may have found it more pleasant to watch people play the game than to play it myself. I actually rented the game twice, with a couple month gap in between, but never finished it.

RE7 was a true return to form for the franchise, and one of the best survival horror games I've played in years. It was a nerve-wracking, intense experience. I really loved playing that game at night with my headphones on.

Still, while I truly loved the atmosphere of the game, I feel like the proper gameplay was meh at best. I feel like 1st person view is good for creating this atmosphere, but the gunplay was mediocre. That's my main complain with the game. Games like RE4 managed to balance these things better. But RE4 is a masterpiece (specially the Wii version, my God, that game).

Last edited by Volterra_90 - on 23 January 2018