By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
habam said:
The_Yoda said:

Taste and smell can not be convened in the living room at present.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/1/5/14178070/resident-evil-7-vr-candle

Dude REALLY, a candle ... are you next going to link me to a regular fan from Walmart "for racing games" that lets you feel the virtual wind in your hair? Too funny.

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
habam said:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/1/5/14178070/resident-evil-7-vr-candle

Dude REALLY, a candle ... are you next going to link me to a regular fan from Walmart "for racing games" that lets you feel the virtual wind in your hair? Too funny.

its a official liscened VR product. And it adds smell. So whats your problem?

In terms of wind there was this (but cancelled):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1089532524/zephvr-real-wind-for-virtual-reality?lang=fr

Maybe you should do some better research or just admit you were wrong?

habam said:

try playing more frequently but stationary games (sparc, dino frontier, batman, superhot vr). Most people will adept to vr and wont get sick after getting used to the new expierence

Just like sitting in a stationary bus gets rid of your motion sickness? Why have I been taking pills then, I must try this!

Seriously though, if you don't get motion sickness, you can't dish out advice. You don't know what it's like. And yes, I tried VR against my better judgement and my stomach had to pay the price. Such is life.

Kaneman! said:

Just like sitting in a stationary bus gets rid of your motion sickness? Why have I been taking pills then, I must try this!

Seriously though, if you don't get motion sickness, you can't dish out advice. You don't know what it's like. And yes, I tried VR against my better judgement and my stomach had to pay the price. Such is life.

1. I also get sick when reading a book while driving in a car, not sure if its possible to adept to that

2. I had motion sickness the first weeks after buying a PSVR and playing VR for the first time as well. Im sharing my own expierence and I know actually some people that expierenced exactly the same.

After playing driveclub VR for the first time i felt sick for like 3 hours and almost sold that damn VR headset. I do understand you ;) But its so well worth to overcome the motion sickness and beeing able to enjoy playing games like Skyrim in VR! I dont know if its possible for everybody to adept to it, but its definitly possible for some people.

habam said:
KLAMarine said:
Eh, I get loads of immersion playing in a dark and sound-proof room or under my bed covers. Super cheap and involves little set-up.

Lol yeah ALMOST the same lmao :D

Just block the rest of the world out. Same concept in VR.

Around the Network
habam said:
The_Yoda said:

its a official liscened VR product. And it adds smell. So whats your problem?

In terms of wind there was this (but cancelled):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1089532524/zephvr-real-wind-for-virtual-reality?lang=fr

Maybe you should do some better research or just admit you were wrong?

You were right about everything , I was wrong.  The Resident Evil VR candle is the real deal.  I did some better research and found this.  It is amazing!!! be sure to watch until the end.  The Future is NOW.

If anything is a gimmick it is calling a candle VR so you can charge 18-19 bucks for a 2 dollar candle.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 23 January 2018

John2290 said:
KLAMarine said:

Nope, not even close, this is why people don't GET it without trying it. The concept isn't blocking out the world it's surrounding yourself with another. You could play on a 10 foot curved screen in perfect darkness (which you can actually do vr) but it's still just a flat window. Even though you said you've tried VR I don't think you've tried the right VR or are just saying that, as someone pointed out a few posts ago, to make your claim more valid.

Surrounding oneself in another world requires blocking out the real world. That's why a dark, sound-proof room helps.

Using a headset and motions controls are not gimmicks.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm not against VR... I just don't have the capital to invest in it

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

John2290 said:
KLAMarine said:

Nope, not even close, this is why people don't GET it without trying it. The concept isn't blocking out the world it's surrounding yourself with another. You could play on a 10 foot curved screen in perfect darkness (which you can actually do vr) but it's still just a flat window. Even though you said you've tried VR I don't think you've tried the right VR or are just saying that, as someone pointed out a few posts ago, to make your claim more valid.

100% agree and can’t see any sane people to not see it the same honestly. You could ask on the VR subreds on reddit and I’m pretty sure 90-100% will agree with you and disagree with that guy.